Wednesday, March 8, 2017

“You Changed My Life”

Challenge

About 125,000 people have signed up for our free two-week keto low-carb challenge. In it you get free guidance, meal plans, recipes, shopping lists and troubleshooting tips – everything you need to succeed on low carb.

Here are reactions from the people who have tried it over the last two weeks:

Feedback

Hi Dr. Eenfeldt,

I actually started the keto diet on Jan 10th, 2017 after my doctor told me I was pre-diabetic. Being in the healthcare industry I knew what that meant and I did not want to progress on to type 2 diabetes! My daughter told me about the keto diet and I was about 10 days in when I found your site!

Thank you so much for all the info, meal plans, etc! I found your site so very helpful and learned a lot especially from Dr. Eric Westman. I am now 7 weeks in, 23 pounds (10 kg) lighter, and I know this is a life changer for me. I have told so many people about your site and will continue to share this information with all who will listen to me.

I am 61 years old and I find it so interesting how misinformed I have been and how the public has no idea. I laugh now when I see different cooking segments that go all in on low calorie, lean meat, etc. but are using high carb products in their meals. I had all those false beliefs about diet and exercise and I felt I was doomed and would die early and probably develop dementia as I always felt I was in a fog. But not anymore! That sugar fog has lifted, I feel great and have more energy than I have had in years. I keep to a strict 20 g carbs per day and it has been really really easy, especially with all the menus that your site offers.

I also belong to a LCHF group on Facebook. I am so encouraged and so very happy to have found your site. I will continue this “diet” probably now for the rest of my life. It is not just about losing weight but feeding my mind and body so that I feel great, can think clearly and have a lot of energy!

Thank you again,
Kathryn


 
The challenge worked really well for me. I have been on a low-carb plan since mid-August 2017 through a weight management clinic and using meal replacements. I used the meal replacements for 4 months and then transitioned back to “real” food. While on the meal replacements, I lost 70 lbs (32 kg). As I transitioned back to whole, non-processed foods, the doctor and dietician increased my carb level to 60 carbs/day. My weight loss stopped! I knew that was just too many carbs for me.
Personally, I think I will always need to keep my carb levels below 40, even when I enter into a maintenance phase.
I started the challenge and the weight loss was rebooted. I’m back in ketosis and have lost 6 lbs (3 kg) during the challenge. Now, I have only about 20 lbs (9 kg) more to lose in order to reach my personal goal. I feel back in control!

Personally, I think I will always need to keep my carb levels below 40, even when I enter into a maintenance phase. The information on your website has been extremely helpful.

Thank you!
Sandy


 
Dear Dr. Eenfeldt,

My husband and I (both over 50) have been on a low-carb diet for quite some time, eating quite a bit a meat. We did not eat carb-rich sides, but did not mind the occasional breaded meat.

I did not lose weight. My husband lost slowly.

When we started your challenge, we measured our blood sugar values for the first time. Mine was around 110 mg/dl (6.1 mmol/L) and my husband’s 176 mg/dl (9.8 mmol/L) – fasting values.

This shocked us a bit and we were motivated to stick with your keto plan.

After 3 weeks (I could not wait to start, once I had signed up) of joyful cooking and eating your delicious keto dishes my fasting blood sugar is below 90 mg/dl (5 mmol/L) and my husbands is 143 mg/dl (7.9 mmol/L).

Thank you for the delicious recipes, the realization that we ate far too much meat on our low-carb diet and that we both are NOT at all hungry.

We were even able to completely cut out sweetener from our diet (after using it for >30 years!!!).

Thank you again and all the best for you and your team.

Warm regards,
Michaela and Heinrich


 
Hi – was much impressed with the two week challenge – I lost around 2 kg (4 lbs) and my husband (who absolutely loved the food) lost around 3.5 kg (8 lbs).
The food was great, really tasty, however I did find that I could only handle around half the cream, mayo etc.
The food was great, really tasty, however I did find that I could only handle around half the cream, mayo etc. and somethings we couldn’t find here in New Zealand – had to google a few times!!!

We are so happy with the meals and the ease of the website (meals, menus, shopping lists) that we have subscribed and are on week 3 now, neither of us are snacking in between meals and some days don’t even have lunch

Thanks,
Lisa


 
You changed my life.

I’ve been Fat and exhausted since puberty with some respite when I did no-carb diets like Atkins, body building diets or paleo.

My inflamed joints, heartburn, hiatus, hernia, drowsiness, bad memory, cravings, afternoon slump and moodiness are all gone.
My mum tried everything for decades to help and then she told me about this diet. My inflamed joints, heartburn, hiatus, hernia, drowsiness, bad memory, cravings, afternoon slump and moodiness are all gone.

I am managing my sugar addiction with the help of Barry Friedman 30 days without sugar. I have lost 5 kilos (11 lbs) of weight in 2.5 weeks got my energy and self respect back. I feel good. My family are still carb and starch rich but we will shift that over time. The recipes are easy to make and are delicious. Love getting more educated about this stuff and being healthy happy and a little wiser 😎.

Thanks doctor. You are a healer.

Cheers,
Chloe


 
Dear Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt,

My partner and I both joined the 2-week challenge. The first few days were a bit of a struggle as we fought the desire to eat sweets. We survived nonetheless. The recipes are incredible! We are both 51 and are healthy and active. We both are female and will never let age be a factor as we are still playing recreational hockey and working out 3x per week.

My partner lost 4 lbs (2 kg) and she has a smaller frame (now weighing 120 lbs – 54 kg) and I am 150.5 lbs (68 kg). I lost 3.5 lbs (2 kg) in the first week and have remained steady for the second. My question is about the next few weeks. I plan on remaining on the low carb (-20g) per day for the next three weeks. Is there anything else in terms of guidance that I should or could be doing to improve the weight reduction? I am 5’3” (160 cm) and have a mid-size frame. I do have mid-waist and belly fat that I do not mind saying goodbye to. I watch your video’s religiously and perhaps it is about time. My body likely is rebelling as it does not want to release fat (I think we have bonded). Please kindly advise if fasting (missing breakfast would help in the long run?).

Also, during morning break I have been having a small (1-oz cheese) with a black coffee. Should I stop that? Maybe I am just expecting too much. I am happy with the 3.5 lbs (2 kg) loss but I do want to get to my goal weight of 135 lbs (61 kg) and lean out the belly fat. Should make any changes?

I have also signed up for the program as it is awesome and I am trying to recommend to others. I do want to set an example for others.

Thank you so much for this awesome program!
Roxann


 
It was GREAT, I printed out all the meals, shopped and bought all I am still going I wished I had done the measuring of the waist, but I did do the way in and to date I have lost 15 lbs (7 kg)
It was GREAT, I printed out all the meals, shopped and bought all I am still going I wished I had done the measuring of the waist, but I did do the way in and to date I have lost 15 lbs (7 kg), I was 314 lbs (142 kg) now this morning I was 299.8 lbs (136 kg) I’m not where I need to be but I have been put on the path and I’m headed in the right direction.

Russell


 
Dear Diet Doctor Team,

I had been following a LCHF diet for 2.5 months before I started the challenge. I had already lost 10 kilograms (22 lbs) so was very pleased with this result. I decided to do the challenge after my weight loss plateaued. Although my weight loss at the moment is still very slow the challenge reassured me that I am on the right track.

I started the LCHF diet after my doctor advised me that I am insulin resistant. I am hoping my next blood test will show an improvement.

Although my husband was not keen to start LCHF as I do the cooking he didn’t have much choice. He has high blood pressure and had a stroke seven years ago. He has also lost 10 kilograms (22 lbs) and his blood pressure has dropped significantly. His doctor is talking about reducing his blood pressure medication.

Thank you so much for this website. I am a member so I have been able to access the wonderful courses and interviews. They have helped me to understand insulin resistance. I also love the recipes.

Regards,
Glenda


 
I was recommended by my doctor to try a strict low-carb diet, I may have not followed too strictly but I got results!!!!!!
I think the challenge was easy as the meal plans are designed for maximum satisfaction. I was recommended by my doctor to try a strict low-carb diet, I may have not followed too strictly but I got results!!!!!! After 20 days I weighed and measured. I lost 4.5 kg (10 lbs) and lost 5 cm (2 inches) off my waist, one extremely happy participant… I’m continuing as I have a goal of losing another 10 kg (22 lbs).
 
Hi my name is Adlena.

I did the 2-week challenge after starting my weight loss battle at the beginning of February. When I began, I wasn’t sticking to any diet plan in particular. I was just exercising and attempting to eat fairly ok. After a few days of huffing and puffing I realized that all the work I was putting in would not help me accomplish anything if I don’t eat right. I know this from years and years of trying this and that.

So mid-February I decided to give the LCHF a shot. I had researched it before and knew the jest of it but your website made it so simple to do. I didn’t follow the meal plan to the T, though. Instead of having a different meal every night I made a meal that would last through several nights. For example, the burgers and cabbage stir fry was dinner 2 nights and lunch for 2 days and I added salads galore throughout my week. I fixed the stuffed cabbage twice since I liked it so much and had it for about 3 dinners and 2 lunches. This allowed me to cut down on the cost since the rest of my family is not doing the LCHF lifestyle.

I spent 2 weeks of February working out and not dieting and not losing anything. I started the month at 291 pounds (132 kg). After doing the diet for 3 days I noticed a huge difference in the way I felt and in my weight. I got on the scale after just 3 days and I was at 285 pounds (129 kg). I probably should’ve waited until Wednesday to respond to your email because I refuse to weigh myself more than twice a month and I reached my limit for February.

On March 1 I will get on the scale to see how exactly the 2 weeks of the LCHF diet has affected my weight. I know that it has affected me in an extremely positive way because I’m lighter on my feet, my stomach is flatter, and I have a glow on my face that other people notice. I took my 16-year old daughter to an event and she told me that her friend saw me and said that I was so pretty. That felt really good to see the pride on my daughter’s face. So needless to say I will be continuing this lifestyle for a long time. My goal is to lose 100 pounds (45 kg) this year. I want to be under 200 pounds (91 kg) and never touch above 200 lbs (91 kg) ever again. I’ve been over 200 pounds (91 kg) since 6th grade and I’m 35-years old now. I’m working to be 50 pounds (23 kg) lighter by my 30th birthday.

Adlena


 
I lost 6 pounds (3 kg) in the first two weeks (137 to 131 lbs – 62 to 59 kg), so I believe it’s a good start.
I lost 6 pounds (3 kg) in the first two weeks (137 to 131 lbs – 62 to 59 kg), so I believe it’s a good start. The recipes were good, but it was hard to stomach so much butter, oil, and heavy cream, so I had to cut back a bit. I didn’t suffer from any of the possible side effects which was great. It was strange to eat so much fat and so many eggs, but I did it. What I miss most is fruit!! I have 10 pounds (5 kg) to go and will continue with the meal options and suggestions given.

Thank you,
Beth


 
My wife and I really enjoyed the experience and will continue following in hopes of reaching our target weight. It took a day to erase the hunger pangs and cravings for breads and chips.

Leo


 
Hello,

I wanted to give feedback about the 14-day challenge.

in fact the carb cravings decrease steadily in the first few days and become pretty much non existent the longer you go.
I got into keto without any problems. I got some keto strips and could verify that I was indeed where I wanted to be. The best thing about LCHF is that the fewer carbs you eat, the fewer carbs you crave. That should be emphasized more, in my opinion. People who need this diet the most are carb junkies and it helps to know that you won’t always be craving carbs, in fact the carb cravings decrease steadily in the first few days and become pretty much non existent the longer you go.

That said, I noticed I stopped losing weight after the first week. The second week’s recipes, while quite tasty, are still a lot of calories. A tapering ought to happen in the second week, in my opinion. I think it could be emphasized that cutting back is going to have to happen. I watched your video about drinking the cream. That made me laugh. Yes it’s easier than a low-fat or high-carb diet, but cutting back is just a reality for overeaters. What you eat is absolutely important, but HOW MUCH you eat is also a factor.

I will continue with the low card diet, but I will add intermittent fasting and other techniques to help it along.

Thank you for being a great resource! I thoroughly enjoyed the two week challenge and look forward to making this work for me.

Marion


 
Hej Andreas,

My husband has high blood pressure and the doctor has advised him to absolutely not go on the HFLC diet.

To keep things interesting, another doctor pointed us in your direction and stated that her high blood pressure patients have had tremendous success with LCHF.

I was brainwashed by the low-fat propaganda and it took me a great amount of will power to befriend the butter, cheese and cream.

We decided to listen to the latter and took the two week challenge. My husband has lost 3 kg (7 lbs) and 7 cm (3 inches) of waist circumference. I lost 2 kg (4 lbs) and 4 cm (2 inches) around my waist.

We both feel excellent and really enjoy the recipes, so much in fact, that we will keep going until his blood pressure is lowered.

Count us in as members! I might even try to write some LCHF recipes for my blog http://www.surfcook.co.uk and will most certainly mention Diet Doctor in future posts as well as link up to you.

Thank you for giving us a clear and easy to use website, packed with information. Keep up the great work!

Warm regards from two HFLC converts who will spread the good news,
Jeanette


 
Hi,
So, I did it… And it worked I have never felt better! I lost weight in the double digits and 4.5 inches (11 cm) around my waist!
I decided to take the LC challenge after a few weeks of research. (I have tried everything else) I told my husband I’m going to give it the two weeks and see what happens, as long as I don’t gain weight there is nothing to lose. So, I did it… And it worked I have never felt better! I lost weight in the double digits and 4.5 inches (11 cm) around my waist! This started this as just another diet to try and it is now a lifestyle I will continue to live. I have seen so many changes in me in such a short time it’s as if I am saying thank you to myself. Soon I hope to send an update showing just how much I’ve lost and the new things I’ve gained from this change.

Thank you,
Miranda


 
Hi

This has really opened my eyes to what advice the doctors and also slimming world give us regarding diet and diabetes.

I had gestional diabetes three years ago and the condition quickly escalated to the point I was on long acting and short acting insulin and metformin! My baby struggled to be born due the excess weight on his shoulders and back and after been taken to the icu for 24 hours was perfectly fine!

At the time of my pregancy, I was told to eat low-fat foods and of course no sugary stuff! But despite eating hardly anything that gave me energy, my diabetes worsened, I was depressed and tired all the time and now I can see why! Eating boiled eggs all the time to try and control my blood sugars just wasn’t the source of energy I needed! I was advised that I could eat potatoes and pasta and change the amount of insulin I needed for each meal! Which meant increasing the amount of insulin every time!

After baby was born the diabetes went… I was so happy to get rid of the needles etc. but now three years later, I went for a routine blood tests and the blood test results came back which were showing me as pre-diabetic! Of course I was really upset, no way did I want to start with all the needles and tablets again! Having found the low-carb high-fat method, I am determined that my blood test result will show a low reading next time – I have lost 6 lbs (3 kg) in weight already after 2 weeks of eating low carb and staying away from pasta, bread and potatoes! And I can honestly say that I am not hungry or feeling flat in myself.

I’ve encouraged my partner to also think more about the food he eats, as he is struggling with his weight at moment.

I am not looking forward to see the doctor again as I can see me having to stand my ground about my new diet, as he said that my weight wasn’t an issue! I am approximately 25 kg (55 lbs) over my ideal weight!

Thanks for all your hard work and educating us – I for one value very much what you’re doing.

Tracy


Try it yourself

Sign up for the free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our brand new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

Asian Cabbage Stir-FryMon
Low-Carb Tuna Cheese MeltTue
Brussels Sprouts and Hamburger GratinWed
Mushroom and Cheese FrittataThu
Crispy Jerk Chicken Drumsticks with ColeslawFri
Fat Head PizzaSat
Oven-Grilled Pork Shoulder Chops with Green Beans and AvocadoSun

 

More

More success stories

frida800-600×600

Women 0-39

ac8001-600×600

Women 40+

peterbig-600×600

Men 0-39

PeterR800

Men 40+

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Join free for a month

Popular low-carb videos


PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com. Let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

The post “You Changed My Life” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/you-changed-my-life

No comments:

Post a Comment