Thursday, January 26, 2017

“I Never Thought I Could Achieve This Degree of Weight Loss and Well-Being!”

We want to inspire people to turn their health around – so this e-mail from Sue made us very happy:

Hi, I have lost 21 lbs (10 kg) following a low-carb diet since the beginning of September. Following a very stressful 18 months, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I weighed over 174 lbs (79 kg) and was a size 16. Having been unfit since the birth of my first child 19 years ago, I was constantly using work (I’m a nurse), study, kids as an excuse for my poor diet and lifestyle.

Then came the diagnosis and it was like someone had flipped a switch. I had been reading up on the low-carb diet for some months and wanted to get fit again. My HbA1c was 69 at the end of August, at 3 months of low carb high fat and a 6 mile (10 km) round walk to work and back every day I was over 18 lbs (8 kg) lighter and my HbA1c was 38!!! I was also a size 10/12…

My GP and diabetes nurse think I’m amazing, so do my family. But best of all, although I’m nearly 50, I feel and look so much younger…
Diet Doctor had inspired me and guided me through the mine field of turning my health around, and I check out the site and emails several times a day. In the last 2 weeks I’ve started running to work and home most days, and I have never had so much energy!

My GP and diabetes nurse think I’m amazing, so do my family. But best of all, although I’m nearly 50, I feel and look so much younger… My energy levels are amazing! I will never go back to that fat, bloated carb-filled blob – the new me is too good a feeling! I don’t miss carbs and I never thought I could achieve this degree of weight loss and well-being!

Sue

Comments

Congratulations, Sue, what an inspiring story!

Get started

Do you want to try what Sue has done? Sign up for our free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our brand new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

Here are two more helpful guides:

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

Top videos about weight loss

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post “I Never Thought I Could Achieve This Degree of Weight Loss and Well-Being!” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/never-thought-achieve-degree-weight-loss-well

No comments:

Post a Comment