Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Doctor’s Demand Was Crystal Clear – Lose at Least 35 Pounds!

Before and after

Before and after

Alma had to surgically remove one of her breasts after a breast cancer a couple of years ago. In order to qualify for a breast reconstruction the doctor had a tough demand; she had to lose at least 35 pounds!

By pure coincidence she heard of LCHF, this was back in august 2011, and she immediately took up her new eating habits. Here’s what happened.

The Email

Hi Andreas!

My feel good and health journey started in June 2011. In order to get on the wait list to undergo breast-reconstruction surgery, the demands were to lose weight, from 220 pounds (100 kg) to at least 187 pounds (85 kg). To work off all that weight was a utopia for me. I’ve never particularly enjoyed physical activity, especially not when I HAVE to. I started to experiment with the GI diet (low-glycemic index) and things started happening. But after that summer I accidentally heard about LCHF.

This was in the fall of 2011 and ever since then my family and I have been eating LCHF. When I started, I noticed fairly quickly that I didn’t get as angry as I used to. The anger issue had gone away! I no longer felt pain or fatigue, and haven’t felt it since then. I also lost 44 pounds (20 kg), perhaps not a lot but it felt truly amazing. My breast reconstruction went well too.

I have read up on different kinds of fasting and am now hoping that this 16:8 method will work wonders for my weight so that fat burning takes off. I’ll be skipping breakfast every morning – that’s all. My eating window will be between 11 am and 7 pm. It will be exciting to see what results I get!

Living with LCHF is to eat well and be happy!

Sincerely,

Alma

Comment

Congratulations on your weight and health journey, Alma! Intermittent fasting, like 16:8, is often an effective way to speed up the weight loss after a plateau and works perfectly with LCHF.

More

What is Fasting? – Dr. Jason Fung4.4 out of 5 stars5 star68%4 star14%3 star10%2 star1%1 star4%288 ratings28805:21 The Perfect Treatment for Weight Loss and Diabetes – Dr. Jason Fung4.5 out of 5 stars5 star69%4 star13%3 star11%2 star5%1 star0%53 ratings5345:20

Try It Yourself

Do you want to try a low-carb diet yourself? Here’s our guide and here’s our free two-week get started challenge.

More Success Stories

Telaine800

Women 0-39

Lindha800

Women 40+

Cristoph800

Men 0-39

Bernard800

Men 40+

Your Story

Do you have a success story you want to share with others on this blog? It’s a great way to inspire other people to change their lives, like you perhaps have done.

E-mail your story to me at andreas@dietdoctor.com. Before and after photos are great for making your story concrete and relatable to other people. Let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

The post The Doctor’s Demand Was Crystal Clear – Lose at Least 35 Pounds! appeared first on Diet Doctor.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-doctors-demand-was-crystal-clear-lose-at-least-35-pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment