Do you want an alternative to the classic beef burger? Here’s an option. Ideally add a high-fat sauce of your choice, to make it even more satisfying and to get the fat percentage up – then it can qualify as strict LCHF.
These tasty lamb burgers are a great change of pace from classic beef burgers. Enjoy this recipe grilled for summer time flavor, or pan seared. We love these burgers served either wrapped in lettuce, or over a big greek salad.
Ingredients, 4 servings
1 lb ground lamb
½ tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
¼ yellow onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves only, minced
1 lemon zest, the zest of one whole lemon
1. Place the ground lamb into a medium size mixing bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the diced onion, minced garlic and oregano, and lemon zest to the bowl.
3. Mix well until the meat is evenly combined with the seasonings.
4. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
5. Form the meat into 6-8 small patties.
6. Grill the burgers about 4 minutes per side over medium high heat, or until cooked as desired.
Be cautious when cooking with jalapeño peppers. Most of the heat lies in the seeds, so for a milder dish, discard the seeds. Make sure to thoroughly wash your hands after handling the peppers, before touching your face or eyes. For extra caution, you can wear rubber gloves.
About This Recipe
This recipe was originally posted on “Primal Palate”. Reposted with permission.