Monday, May 1, 2017

Type 1 Diabetes: More Stable Blood Sugar on Low Carb

Type1

A very stable blood sugar on low carb

A low-carb diet can bring great benefits for people suffering from type 1 diabetes, like it has brought Sharon. She has been able to gain much greater control of her blood sugar since switching to low carb:

The Email

I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 18 years ago. Over the years, I have felt frustrated and struggled to achieve good blood glucose control. Even though my HbA1c was consistently between 7.0 and 8.5, which I was told was good, I struggled with binge eating, which was disastrous for my diabetes.

Gone are the days of wildly swinging blood sugars. I now know how to control my blood sugar and have never felt better.
I would often binge eat at night and wake up with a harmful blood sugar of 20 mmol/L (360 mg/dl). I knew something had to change. I discovered low carb and have never looked back. Gone are the days of wildly swinging blood sugars. I now know how to control my blood sugar and have never felt better.

My biggest challenge has been to overcome my binge eating. I did this by getting professional help as well as learning about the impacts my high blood sugar was having on my health. I watched and read everything I could on low carb and diabetes. I feel like my diabetes is no longer a burden especially now that I know how to control it. My most recent HbA1c was 5.5.

I have attached a report showing the range of my blood sugars.

I’m happy to have my name published.

Many thanks,
Sharon

Comments

Congratulations Sharon – we’re so glad to hear that low carb has improved your glucose control!

Get started

Do you want to try what Sharon has done? Sign up for our free 2-week low-carb challenge.

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

Oven-Baked Sausage with VeggiesMon
Fish with Oven-Baked BeetrootsTue
Brussels Sprouts and Hamburger GratinWed
Rutabaga Fritters with Smoked SalmonThu
Zucchini Roll-Ups with Chicken and Herb ButterFri
Baked Salmon with Lemon and ButterSat
Slow-Cooked Pot Roast with Creamy GravySun

 

Type 1 diabetes

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

Video success stories

PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com, and please let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post Type 1 Diabetes: More Stable Blood Sugar on Low Carb appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/type-1-diabetes-stable-blood-sugar-low-carb

No comments:

Post a Comment