Friday, April 28, 2017

“The Old Me Would Not Have Believed That the New Me Could Be like This”

julia

Julia

Could eating fat and skipping meals every now and then be the recipe for success? The answer is a clear yes if you ask Julia:

The Email

On 30 October 2016 I was 47 years old and was stuck in a rut with my weight and health, constantly suffering with headaches, severe bloating after eating, constipation and psoriasis. I know from my own experience that low-carb eating works, but I had fallen off the wagon quite spectacularly, not consciously, it was just a gradual slide back into terrible eating habits. In my younger years I was very fit, lifting weights, playing squash and going running but this declined as family life took over. I’ve yo-yo dieted, even trying the cabbage soup diet once…

I came across some Diet Doctor videos on YouTube and immediately knew that they made complete sense. My starting weight was 203 lbs (92 kg) and I am 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm) tall so I had some weight to lose to feel comfortable again in my body. I stuck to the two-week diet plan, printed off all the free recipes from the website and found the shopping list a fantastic aid. The only thing that I couldn’t eat was so many eggs just because I don’t really like them so I substituted natural live yogurt for a quick and easy breakfast before work.

Eight weeks later by Christmas Day I had lost 28 lbs (13 kg), quite effortlessly and without any exercise apart from the usual taking the dog for a walk.
Eight weeks later by Christmas Day I had lost 28 lbs (13 kg), quite effortlessly and without any exercise apart from the usual taking the dog for a walk. I must admit that I was shocked at just how quickly the weight dropped off me. Today is 26th March, Mothering Sunday in the UK and thirteen weeks after Christmas and I have lost another 7 lbs (3 kg) and now weigh 168 lbs (76 kg) which I feel very comfortable at. I must admit that I was getting concerned in the New Year because my weight loss seemed to stall and so I added in some intermittent fasting by missing either an evening meal or breakfast every now and again simply because I was not hungry.

The freedom that I have from hunger and fatigue is fantastic and now I can quite easily miss a meal or two and still be full of life and health. Eating fat certainly fills me up.

If I could go five months back in time the old me would not have believed that the new me could be like this now. My bloating has gone as has my constipation and now I very rarely get a headache. I’ve even had to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes!

Thank you,
Julia

Comments

Congratulations Julia to your fantastic results!

Get started

Do you want to try what Julia has done? Sign up for our free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

Creamy Fish and Broccoli CasseroleMon
Cheese-Filled Chicken Breast with GuacamoleTue
Stuffed Cabbage CasseroleWed
Fried Coconut Salmon with Napa CabbageThu
Cauliflower Chicken AlfredoFri
Pork Shoulder Chops with Roasted Cauliflower Parmesan and Herb ButterSat
Curry Chicken with Cauliflower RiceSun

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com, and please let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

Top videos about weight loss

Intermittent fasting

Low-carb basics

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post “The Old Me Would Not Have Believed That the New Me Could Be like This” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/old-not-believed-new-like

No comments:

Post a Comment