Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Our Second Winner

contest

Congratulations to Fran – she won the contest for our existing members and we’re sending her the amazing prize package.

Here’s her story about how she ended up at Diet Doctor:

I started following you on Twitter, based on following such people as Gary Taubes and Peter Attia. From there I saw the articles and videos you linked to on your site. You, and the articles, were a major factor in getting me back to low-carb eating. In fact, you introduced me to the idea of low-carb, high fat, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

It is truly the HIGH FAT that made the difference between success in weight loss, versus the many failures I had in the interim, including at least 2 attempts with Weight Watchers.

I had made a go at a low-carb diet 6 years ago (starting 2011 through 2012), more Atkins-style/primal/paleo, but after about a year and after a loss of about 15-20 pounds (7-9 kg), I stopped and went back to “regular” eating. And then over the next 4 years, I gained weight. I gained back what I lost. And then a gained a lot more. Work, international travel, stresses at home, and “the change” of peri-menopause, all contributed. I was feeding my emotions with sweets, breads, potatoes, rice, and plenty of extra helpings. I drank several diet sodas every day, thought nothing of eating burgers & fries. I loved to bake, and would bake for family, for work, but really very much for myself. Sourdough homemade breads, cakes, cookies, pies, you name it, I could make it. And eat it.

I turned 50 in June 2016, and as it approached, I was feeling very sorry for myself, based on my health, and my weight. I knew I had gained a lot, just based on which clothes still fit me, but I was terrified of getting on the scale.

I thought that I did not want whatever years I still had ahead weighed down with backaches and knee pains, acid reflux, fatigue, and very low self worth. I felt old before my time, and not ready to face further deterioration. I don’t know what my exact heaviest weight was, as I waited two weeks after changing my diet to get on the scale. I was 218 pounds (99 kg)! I am only 5’4″ (163 cm). How did I get to that point? It is hard to even understand how much my body changed from my mid-40s to late 40s.

Using the Real Meal Revolution guidelines in the Beginners/Banting Facebook group, and the many resources and info on Diet Doctor, I started LCHF on June 22 2016, six days before my 50th birthday. Since July 1 2016 (when I finally got on the scale) I have lost 50 pounds (23 kg). I am down to 168 pounds (76 kg), and wearing a size 10 (US) in jeans (from barely squeezing into a size 16 only 9 months ago). I fit into clothes now that I used to wear when I weighed even less (maybe 150 lbs – 68 kg), so there is something going on with my body reshaping itself.

My hunger and cravings for sweets, breads, etc., are minimal to non-existent. I do find myself turning to dark chocolate every now and then, but can’t imagine eating how I used to. Simply can’t imagine it. Even the thought of a diet soda is distasteful. And I know that any consumption of wheat will really upset my system. My energy and sleep are better, my issues with acid reflux are gone (goodbye Nexium), and I have very few problems with the knee pains and backaches I was suffering with on a nearly daily basis.

I think my next challenge will be breaking what has been a two-month stall (even though during this stall, I think I have lost inches… So maybe not something to worry about) and add in healthy exercise.

My life has changed so much for the better, I have people who have known me for years who do not recognize me.

So as nice as it is to win this random drawing (and how incredibly unusual, since I notoriously NEVER win anything!), I definitely feel already “the winner” for the changes I have been able to make based on the solid data, science and support you provide on Diet Doctor. I thank you, and I hope that many others are able to get the same kind of help and inspiration.

Fran

Get started

Do you want to try what Fran has done? Sign up for our free 2-week low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our brand new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

Top videos about weight loss

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post Our Second Winner appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/our-second-winner

No comments:

Post a Comment