Wednesday, April 5, 2017

How Can I Change My Body’s Set Point Weight Permanently?

askdrandreaseenfeld

Is it common to reach a weight-loss plateau, even if you eat a strict low-carb diet? How can I change my body’s set point weight permanently? And can LCHF cause insomnia?

Get the answers in this week’s Q&A with Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt:

How can I change my body’s set point weight permanently?

I have gained and lost many times, but I return to the same weight with a little extra. Can my set point be changed even though I am 66 years young?

Miriam

 
Yes, but you’ll have to change your lifestyle permanently as well. A temporary change in lifestyle (like a temporary change in diet) will only give a temporary change in weight. As soon as you return to your earlier lifestyle you’ll return to the same weight (or higher).

Here are changes in your lifestyle that you may want to consider.

Best,
Andreas Eenfeldt

My weight loss slowed down – even though I’m still on strict LCHF!

Hi,

I have started LCHF from 9th of February (I am woman weighed 90 kg – 198 lbs at that time), and lost about 3 kg (7 lbs) in the first two weeks, and it was good till week #5 when I reached 85 kg (187 lbs), but from that time till now (week #7) not much happens. Sometimes the scale shows 86 kg (190 lbs) even. Is this normal? I am on a strict low-carb diet, and don’t eat more than 20 grams a day. How can I speed up the process? I have started intermittent fasting recently.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Reza

 
Yes, very normal, temporary plateaus are experiences by just about everyone. Keep going and you’ll likely break through, intermittent fasting can speed up the process.

More about weight-loss plateaus

Best,
Andreas Eenfeldt

Can eating LCHF cause insomnia?

Can eating lchf cause insomnia? I have been in ketosis for 4 weeks and started having insomnia. If this is the cause, will it subside at some point?

Tracy

 
It may, yes. Some people get very energized in ketosis, which is great during the day, less good if you’re having trouble sleeping.

Reducing ketosis should also reduce any insomnia.

More about low-carb side effects and how to cure them

Best,
Andreas Eenfeldt

More

Low Carb for Beginners

More Questions and Answers

Many more questions and answers:

Low-Carb Q&A

Read all earlier questions and answers – and ask your own! – here:

Ask Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt about LCHF, Diabetes and Weight Loss – for members (free trial available).

More About LCHF and weight loss

The post How Can I Change My Body’s Set Point Weight Permanently? appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/can-change-bodys-set-point-weight-permanently

No comments:

Post a Comment