Tuesday, March 28, 2017

“My Life Has Literally Changed”

shane-1

Before and after

After visiting his doctor for a persistant headache, Shane was told that his blood pressure was sky high. Furthermore, his weight had reached an all-time high.

He immediately decided to try different weight-loss methods. But nothing worked and his weight just kept yoyo-ing up and down. Until he discovered the method that worked for him.

Suddenly Shane was “eating food which tasted GREAT, filled me up for hours and I was – for the first time in years – sleeping like a baby!”. On top of that he’s lost 70 lbs (32 kg). Here’s what he did:

The Email

Hi Andreas,

I was looking at the success stories section of Diet Doctor this morning looking for some personal stories to share with my keto weight-loss group and noticed that you invite submissions for inclusion, so thought I’d tell you my own personal story and supply a couple of photos.

My name is Shane Waterman. Four years ago, I had to go to my GP with an odd, persistant headache. That ‘headache’ turned out to be blood pressure of 155/115. In short, NOT good! But, even worse to me was the fact that my GP told me I weighed…. 27 stones (378 lbs – 171 kg!). In addition to the BP meds I was prescribed, I had to do something about my weight – and fast. So I did what most people do – I went to Weight Watchers.

Over the next 18 months, I lost 98 lbs (44 kg), mostly through sheer willpower. Then I stopped going to Weight Watchers, and in six months nearly 40 lbs (18 kg) had returned. So then I went to Slimming World… and I lost about 70 lbs (32 kg) in 9 months.

So what had I learned at this point? I could certainly lose weight, BUT… I had really learned nothing about what the food I was eating would do to me, or – CRUCIALLY – what foods were bad for me, personally.

Then, in summer 2016, after another 40 lbs (18 kg) had come back, someone introduced me to something I’d never heard of – ketogenic eating.

I started on 1st of September 2016… and was VERY skeptical. I stuck to it, and by Christmas Eve, 24th of December 2016 – just 3 months and 24 days later – I had lost… 56 lbs (25 kg)!

shane-2

Before and after

More than the outstanding weight loss, I found I was eating food which tasted GREAT, filled me up for hours and I was – for the first time in years – sleeping like a baby!
But, more than the outstanding weight loss, I found I was eating food which tasted GREAT, filled me up for hours and I was – for the first time in years – sleeping like a baby!

At time of writing (March 2017) I have now lost 70 lbs (32 kg) and my life has literally changed – and so too has my relationship with food.

And now I am starting my own weight-loss group based on ketogenic principles! If you had told me a year ago I would be doing this, I would NEVER have believed you!

Diet Doctor has been an exceptional source of help and guidance throughout the last seven months and will continue to be in the future.

I’ve attached my ‘before and after’ photos taken on the 1st of September and the 24th of December 2016.

Readers are welcome to email me at kingsketogroup@gmail.com if they want to chat to me about it.

Best wishes,
Shane

Comments

Congratulations Shane to your fantastic success! And thank you for sharing and thus serving as an inspiration to others.

Get started

Do you want to try what Shane has done? Sign up for our free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

Low-Carb PizzaMon
Salmon with Pesto and SpinachTue
Chops Marinated in Red PestoWed
Pesto Chicken Casserole with Feta Cheese and OlivesThu
Steak with Béarnaise SauceFri
Low-Carb Meat PieSat
Keto LasagnaSun

More

A Low-Carb Diet for Beginners

A Ketogenic Diet for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

Do you want to inspire others?

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? It’s an effective way to inspire others. Send your story (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com, and please let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

Top videos about weight loss

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post “My Life Has Literally Changed” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/life-literally-changed

No comments:

Post a Comment