Sunday, March 19, 2017

“I No Longer Crave Sweets or Let Food Control Me”

cristina

Before and after

Cristina met many physicians who urged her to lose weight for the sake of her fatty liver, pre-diabetes and PCOS – but with no hint on how to do it. She’d be able to lose some weight, but yo-yoed back up in no time.

Then she finally met a doctor who recommended a no-sugar, no-starch diet:

The Email

Hello Andreas,

I have always struggled with my weight. I have tried every diet under the sun and nothing has worked. I was the queen of the yo-yo. I could lose a good 20 or so pounds (9 kg) but after a while, I would put all the weight back on and then some. I have been over 200 lbs (90 kg) my whole adult life. My heaviest was tipping the scales at 270 lbs (122 kg).

In 2015 I went to an internal medicine doctor. I was 255-260 lbs (116-118 kg) at this time, my GP sent me to him because my liver enzymes were high (fatty liver disease) and I was pre-diabetic. He asked me if I had considered gastric bypass. Wait, what!? I didn’t think I was there yet. I told him I wanted to try and lose some weight on my own first. He said “good luck” and waived me out of his office. He was yet another physician who said I needed to lose weight but not a lick of help on the how.

Fast forward one year. My husband and I decided to get ourselves checked out since we want to have a child. My OB put me on metformin (for my PCOS) which helped me lose the first couple of pounds.

I’m so thankful to these two wonderful doctors I have now that put pieces together for me and put me on the right road to a healthy living and lifestyle!
She sent me to a reproductive endocrinologist and the very first appointment she sent me home with papers on a no starch, no sugar diet. I’m so thankful to these two wonderful doctors I have now that put pieces together for me and put me on the right road to a healthy living and lifestyle! I started the diet the very next day and did a lot of research at home and that is where I found Diet Doctor. I recommend Diet Doctor now to any person who asks me about LCHF.

I eat strict low carb, 20-30 g per day. I also work out at least five days a week. I have so much more energy, my skin has cleared up, and I no longer crave sweets or let food control me. I am no longer pre-diabetic and my liver enzymes are completely normal. Obviously there is no cure for PCOS, however I have less symptoms of it now. I have so much more self esteem and finally love myself in a way I never did before.

I started LCHF at 255 lbs (116 kg) 11/22/16. In three months I have lost almost 50 lbs (22 kg)! I am currently 209 lbs (95 kg)! I am in no way done, but it’s a start! I’d like to lose another 50 lbs (22 kg). So far, I went from a size 18 to a size 12!

Cristina

Comments

Congratulations Cristina, and thank you for sharing your story!

Get started

Do you want to try what Cristina has done? Sign up for our free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

Asian Cabbage Stir-FryMon
Saffron-Flavored Fish Soup with AioliTue
Avocado Pie with a Taste of ChiliWed
Rutabaga Fritters with BaconThu
Minute Steak Roulads with Cheese and Herb ButterFri
Low-Carb Cauliflower Pizza with ArtichokesSat
Flying Jacob CasseroleSun

More

A Low-Carb Diet for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com, and please let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

Top videos about weight loss

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post “I No Longer Crave Sweets or Let Food Control Me” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/i-no-longer-crave-sweets-or-let-food-control-me

No comments:

Post a Comment