Thursday, March 30, 2017

“I Became Stronger and More Agile and Felt Ridiculously Well with My New Diet”

Kim1-800×739

Before and after

Kim had been morbidly obese since her teens and suffered from digestive issues and periods of binge-eating and purging. She wasn’t even able to climb the stairs. On her way to diabetes and heart disease she found Diet Doctor and low carb:

The Email

From there to here. I’ve done an incredible journey. Since my late teens I’ve been morbidly obese. Around the age of 20 I started binge-eating and purging, partially as a way to ameliorate my anxiety and partially in an attempt to lose weight. I have, just like an alcoholic, been searching for security and control with my eating behavior. At last I even fled abroad to sort out my problems. It turned out to be a temporary solution and after a short while the weight kept piling up until my knees and back couldn’t handle it anymore.

I was minutes from diabetes and within a short time, probably heart problems too. The hospital scale only went up to 135 kg (298 lbs) so I don’t even know what my highest weight peaked at… I couldn’t even climb the stairs. I lived on the seventh floor, and if the elevator broke? Tough! I either had to wait for the janitor or sleep over at a friend’s house. Tragic.

After ten years, I moved back to Sweden again. But of course, my problems moved back with me. Until I found a solution that fit me. I had tried every diet there was out there and failed. But then I found Diet Doctor and low carb. At first it seemed to be too good to be true, but to my surprise the weight just melted off me. My bloated stomach soon became a distant memory.

I suddenly had loads of energy and as the weight disappeared, almost without any effort, my body started craving movement.
I suddenly had loads of energy and as the weight disappeared, almost without any effort, my body started craving movement. I started to work out. My sister Eva started encouraging and pushing me and somehow convinced me to run a 10-kilometer race. Of course I didn’t run the entire race, but I walked through it and it encouraged me greatly! Without the encouragement and support from my sister, I would probably have given up.

At the same time I got to know Lee, a personal trainer from England who held boot camps in Stockholm. Even though I was scared to death, I biked there and suffered through my first boot camp. After the first time, my body screamed in pain and euphoria. I went back time after time and my body became stronger and stronger. I found the control I had been looking for for so many years. Lee’s motto was “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you”. I adopted it to 100% and today I have it tattooed on my arm, as a constant reminder.

But I wanted more. I loved the fact that my body now did what I wanted it to. I became stronger and more agile and felt ridiculously well with my new diet. But I wanted to give something back! I wanted to help and inspire others to make the same journey that I had done.

I went back to school and enrolled in an education to become a personal trainer. I studied and practiced as a crazy person and got my certificate! Today I’m about 50 kilos (110 lbs) lighter and now it’s almost three years since I started working as a personal trainer.

I have been lucky to have the privilege to meet many new people and above all I’ve participated in many people’s journeys towards a better life and better health through diet and exercise. And for this I am eternally grateful! My journey is not over yet, but I enjoy every step of the road.

Regards,
Kim

Comments

Congratulations to your success Kim – and thank you for sharing. Best of luck on your continued journey!

Get started

Do you want to try what Kim has done? Sign up for our free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

Keto Pasta with Blue Cheese SauceMon
Creamy Broccoli and Leek SoupTue
Eggplant Gratin à la LCHFWed
Avocado Pie with a Taste of ChiliThu
Mushroom Cauliflower Low-Carb RisottoFri
Low-Carb Cauliflower Pizza with ArtichokesSat
Spinach and Goat-Cheese PieSun

More

A Low-Carb Diet for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com, and please let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

Top videos about weight loss

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post “I Became Stronger and More Agile and Felt Ridiculously Well with My New Diet” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/became-stronger-agile-felt-ridiculously-well-new-diet

No comments:

Post a Comment