Friday, March 3, 2017

“Already After Two Weeks I Felt a Great Difference”

lotta

Before and after

Lotta was tired of being overweight, not having energy and not even being able to put on her own ski boots. She longed for a change and that was when LCHF came into her life:

The Email

In June 2013 my husband came home and asked me if we should start eating LCHF. His parents had started and they felt so good. Earlier in my life I didn’t care too much about food or health because there was no method that I was able to stick to. I had tried losing 20 kilos (44 lbs) for my wedding with Weight Watchers, but I regained it all after a couple of years. I had simply decided to be overweight and love myself.

In April the same year we went to the Northern part of Sweden and I was no longer able to put on my own ski boots. That’s when I decided that I needed a change. But how? I also started my own company at the same time and was able to have a greater influence over my time and my food intake. My husband is the one who cooks at home and started to cook according to LCHF, at least for us adults. At least we could try it and I was tired of being the overweight one who didn’t have any energy and I longed for a change.

When I gained control over my sweet tooth everything changed…
I didn’t know much for a start, but read more and more and I felt a great difference already after two weeks with regards to my sugar cravings that disappeared. I realized that I had been addicted to sugar and always started craving the moment I consumed carbs and sugar. I was eating straight out of the cupboard, frequently suffering from hypoglycaemia and had dinner before it was served. When I gained control over my sweet tooth everything changed and I also started wanting to move more. It was as though my body wanted to do it.

I was fairly strict in the beginning and started to exercise 2-3 times per week. After that I was able to let go a little bit and also eat other food when I was invited to friends or had guests over. It took me two years to lose 18 kilos (40 lbs). Throughout that time I’ve attempted to work out, mostly to get some endorphins and make my body a bit slimmer, but it is absolutely the food that has made me lose all the extra kilos I was carrying around.

Unfortunately, my daughter was diagnosed with leukemia 1 year and 8 months ago, but in spite of how hard this has been, I’ve only gained 3 kg (7 lbs) of those 18 kg (40 lbs). I’m doing strict low carb again and I’m in ketosis and I’ve lost almost one kilo already. My daughter only has 10 more months of her treatment and she is feeling good and I’ve decided to get going with my journey to become the best that I can be.

I love the combination of LCHF and exercise which gives me stability and so much happiness in my life. In addition, I no longer suffer from asthma since starting doing LCHF and was able to, for the first time, get a cat and chickens. I’ll never have loads of carbs and sugar in my life again.

Best regards,
Lotta

Comments

Congratulations to your success, Lotta, and a big thank you for sharing!

Get started

Do you want to try what Lotta has done? Sign up for our free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

Keto LasagnaMon
Thai Fish with Curry and CoconutTue
Keto Pierogis Filled with Bacon and MushroomWed
Indian Cabbage Stir-FryThu
Pesto Chicken Casserole with Feta Cheese and OlivesFri
Fat Head PizzaSat
Pork Chops with Blue-Cheese SauceSun

More

A Low-Carb Diet for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

Top videos about weight loss

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post “Already After Two Weeks I Felt a Great Difference” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/already-after-two-weeks-i-felt-a-great-difference

No comments:

Post a Comment