Thursday, February 16, 2017

“Without Reservation, I Loved the Challenge”

Challenge

Over 110,000 people have signed up for our free two-week keto low-carb challenge. In it you get free guidance, meal plans, recipes, shopping lists and troubleshooting tips – everything you need to succeed on low carb.

Here are reactions from the people who have tried it over the last two weeks:

Feedback

Absolutely fantastic. I’ve been low carb for about 9 months, absolutely love it but haven’t lost any weight for ages. I thought I’d give this a try to see what I learnt. It is amazing. The food is soooo tasty. I’m not needing any snacks at all. The recipes are quick and easy to make. I am blown away how much butter etc. I am eating. I was under-doing that when doing it on my own. And I’ve lost 2.5 kg (6 lbs) in 2 weeks. Wow. I’ve recommended it to a whole bunch of friends.

Michelle


 
Hi Andreas,

Wow… I have to say this is actually working for me. I am really surprised. I actually think this can work for me.

I am 54-years old and grew up thin in a big family on whole foods. Not much junk. Then I married, got really unhappy in my twenties when my weight started to climb. I was eating different foods to what I grew up on and snacking high carbs daily. I got even more dishearten and moved from chubby to fat. This is actually really depressing for someone that doesn’t eat a lot of junk food, nor am I lazy person. I got confused inside.

My late twenties, and all my thirties was a huge struggle with poor self esteem, poor body image, high blood pressure, GORD, mental and emotional disasters and finally a divorce.

I studied in my late thirties and early forties. I have been a registered nurse in a cardiac ward for about 12 years now. It is scary to be still big and even more scary to see the side effects of being too big. It is like a gun at my head some days.

I have tried in recent years, no meat, low calorie, no fat and I last about 6 weeks. I do lose weight and feel heaps better but then I crash.

A girl at work lost 12 kilos (26 lbs) by going low carb, similar age to me… Do I thought how amazing she looked and asked her. She said you have to lose the sugar Michelle.

But this time I thought what the heck. I am going to try this. I have got nothing to lose but fat right.
There is so much negative hype all around low carb, so you stay away from it. But this time I thought what the heck. I am going to try this. I have got nothing to lose but fat right.

I googled low carb. Kept googling. And found Diet Doctor. I listened to Dr. Fung first about diabetes. I was taken by the sense of it. This makes so much sense.

Anyway, here I am. I have lost approximately 6 kg (13 lbs) my clothes are looser, my body hurts less. I love the recipes. I adjust some. I was scared of eating so much cheese and fat but I am seeing results which I cant believe and I am not returning. I can even have a red wine now and again. I probably miss my fruit the most but some days I allow a piece. I just choose more wisely. I am really excited. Blown away actually. I have even started the intermittent fasting and feel good. I feel like for the first time. I am in control not my fat body LOL.

I have exceeded 6 weeks and I haven’t crashed, nor do I want to. I am actually more determined than when I started.

My family are starting to notice. I haven’t made a big deal out of it. I don’t want to say low carb too much. I can see my work colleagues watching me, I think secretly waiting for me to crash. Well I have news for them. I am going to see this through. I have to say thank you. I know I have a long road a head but I am watching your videos and hints daily. The information is fantastic. I love it and never been so excited about something in my life.

Kind regards,
Michelle


 
Thank you for the opportunity to comment. Without reservation, I loved the challenge. I found it to be very simple to follow, and the recipes were delicious, as well as easy and quick to prepare. I spent hours on the website watching the videos and reading the information. It all makes so much sense and I love that there is so much information available to back up the very logical concepts. The best part is that the weight is dropping so quickly – 6 pounds (3 kg) in 2 weeks (with a major cheat weekend right in the middle!). I’m also just feeling better – I can’t put my finger on anything specific but. I’m happier and have more energy than I’ve had for several months.

I’m delighted with the program and will definitely be continuing on.

Thank you – and I sincerely mean that. You have really helped me.

Kind regards,
Peggy


 
Hi,
To feel sated, and see the numbers on the scale go down, and know you are not adversely hurting your health, in fact helping it, is all anyone can ask for in a weight reduction program.
I didn’t follow the menu for the two-week low-carb challenge, as I am a fairly aware foodie and cook, but it did help me get my carbs under 20 per day. I think the site is the best I have found for information, instruction and inspiration! It (and the daily emails) really helped me to identify the carbs I had been eating, thinking I was doing better than I had. Biggest surprise, I am not hungry, and the sweet cravings are almost gone entirely, which is huge for me. I had to re-learn how to eat fat – in the US we are so conditioned that it is the enemy. To feel sated, and see the numbers on the scale go down, and know you are not adversely hurting your health, in fact helping it, is all anyone can ask for in a weight reduction program. Love the cooking, love the veggies, love the full flavor of the fat. I also like eating two good meals a day, rather than three meals and snacks. Just eating when I am hungry, which I am learning to feel. I would never undertake anything like this without science behind it, and I am so grateful you feel the same way.

I subscribed to the site, probably on day 4, (which is when I got serious about it) and I am pleased that you add such great content so regularly. I haven’t hit everything there yet, but I can always learn a bit more, and find something inspiring. It’s like having a whole team behind me! I want to lose about 20 to 25 lbs (9-11 kg), but I see this as a lifestyle I can sustain. I’ll let you know!

A most sincere thank you!
Antoinette


 
Hi Andreas!

So glad I am on your plan. It’s been so easy so far and I really haven’t had any setbacks in these first two weeks! I do enjoy cream more than I should perhaps. However, I have lost 15 pounds (7 kg) in the two weeks I’ve been following your plan! Really awesome as I was beginning to feel helpless and hopeless! I have gone from 242 to 227 lbs (110 to 103 kg). I can’t even explain the confidence boost! I love the shopping lists and recipes! Way easier than any other diet I’ve ever tried. Nothing has worked since having my son 3 years ago. Can’t wait to reach my pre pregnancy weight of 155 lbs (70 kg).

Thank you so much for taking the time to help people. I appreciate it so much!
Gabriel


 
What a great challenge! After detoxing for 2 weeks with green smoothies I found your website and signed up for the challenge. Did everything to the letter and exercise cardio and resistance at the gym every week but did not lose an ounce (or an inch)! I am 68-years old, healthy but have about 6 lbs (3 kg) hanging around my middle I want to get rid of. So I understand that hormones and the need to lose a smaller amount of weight go against me, but I am going to persist and continue. The challenge is excellent – my body just has to come into line with it. Thank you for caring about us so much.

Elizabeth


 
I loved it!

I lost 15 pounds (7 kg) over the course of the 2 weeks, and I never felt hungry or deprived.

The recipes were fantastic and everything tasted great.

Thanks for helping me get going in the right direction!

John


 
I am a 83-year young lady that has chosen to do this for healthy reasons. When you are this young your health is the one thing you need it more than anything else. Had six friends over for super bowl and was able to stay on track with making snacks and food mostly keto.
Butter has become my go-to snack, (should buy some stocks in cows) LOL.
Butter has become my go-to snack, (should buy some stocks in cows) LOL. Feel so blessed to found this lifestyle. Love all the testimonies on Facebook.

Thank you all,
Mary Lou


 
Pretty good.

On 12/14 I had a fasting glucose reading of 250 mg/dl (13.9 mmol/L). I knew what it meant and I immediately went on the diet and added moderate exercise every single day. After six weeks:

  • I’m down 25 lbs (11 kg) and two belt notches.
  • My resting heart rate dropped precipitously from 95/bpm down to 65/bpm, seemed to regulate back up to 70 currently. That’s down 30 bpm in a month! The nurse was shocked. (As tracked by a FitBit I wear daily.)
  • Keep in mind I’m on betas and an ace, but they didn’t change at all, but my BP dropped from around 145/90 (and sometimes higher) to 105/70! (And I still weigh just under 300 lbs (136 kg) 6 foot (183 cm) male, BMI, 40).
  • Sleep is variable, depending, I think on what state of ketosis my body is hovering around.

I’m really pumped, I also read Gary Taubes excellent books ‘Good Calories, Bad Calories’ and ‘Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It’. They basically are just much more in depth and technical versions of what is on your site. (Also learned in those books why my BP dropped rapidly, and why I suddenly developed orthostatic hypotension.) Also, a couple weeks ago, I went in and my A1C was only 8, and my doctor thought it would be 11-12. He was very pleased and said if I continue, I don’t have to go on prescriptions or insulin, that can regulate through diet and exercise.

I’m never hungry, I often skip meals completely because it just doesn’t even occur to me to eat, because I’m energized, focused, and not all that hungry. I still have almost 100 lbs. to go, but I’m pumped and I feel like this diet is easy, I could do it forever. I feel like taking my kid for a walk in the evening instead of looking for a beer and watching TV. Thanks!

Benjamin


 
Andreas, I have to say I’m very happy so far changing my lifestyle to a high-fat low-carb diet.
Andreas, I have to say I’m very happy so far changing my lifestyle to a high-fat low-carb diet. In my first week I lost 21 lbs (10 kg) with no effort at all, other than preparing recipes from your site, preferably keto recipes.

I drive a truck for a living in the UK and used to snack on starchy foods, cakes, sandwiches and pastry savouries. I haven’t felt tempted to resort to snacking at all, so I’m saving a bit of money too! I don’t have a microwave in the truck so stews and casseroles are easiest for me to reheat for my evening meal. I wish there were a few more such recipes on the site, but tonight enjoyed very much the tex mex beef.

Week 2 I have lost a further 5 lbs (2 kg).

If I have a gripe about the Diet Doctor it is receiving emails at 5 am on my phone which at the weekend wakes me up a lot earlier than I wish to be. But, friends of mine have been very surprised at my progress and how well I am eating and are planning to change their lifestyle too.

Thank you for hopefully changing my life and future health,
Nigel


 
Good morning Andreas,

My name is Carley, and my husband Aaron and daughter Sophie live in Australia. All of us have been doing the LCHF diet for the last two weeks.

I have always found it very hard to stick to a low-fat diet, and find that I get terribly hungry. Also, being diabetic, typical low-fat diets don’t seem to work well for me; I rarely lose much weight even if I am very strict. After a few weeks I find that I have lost any willpower to stick with it.

We found the recipes very easy to make, and delicious. The Jerk Chicken was a particular favourite with all of us. The variety of food has been great, and everything is very flavourful. I admit that I did wonder if everything would be bland, but it is anything but – please pass on our appreciation to their authors!

Cooking once in the evening, and having leftovers for lunch is very practical, especially for working people; the preparation means it is so much easier to stick to, and cleaning up the kitchen only has to happen once a day! And it makes shopping quicker and cheaper too; just buying whole foods to make the recipes, our grocery bill was about $80 less a week.

The advice at the beginning of the program was to go through your pantry and get rid of anything that didn’t support the program. I think this made a huge difference for two reasons: A. Those ingredients will undermine your efforts to eat lower carb and B. It starts an education process. I was quite surprised as we sorted through cans and boxes how many carbs there were in what we ate – that jumpstart was really needed to make us more aware. I honestly think if we had not done that we might not have had as much success.

The last bit of feedback I have is still the most surprising to me – I have not been hungry. Most mornings a coffee with cream is enough, but if I do wake hungry I will have boiled or scrambled eggs. Lunch and dinner are enough; in fact, if we do have eggs and bacon on the weekend, often I don’t feel like eating until the evening. I think people should try the two-week challenge and experience it for themselves – I’m not sure I would have believed it was possible if I hadn’t tried it myself.

On to the results!

I began at 124.5 kg (274 lbs) and today I weighed 121.3 kg (267 lbs) – a loss of 3.2 kg (7 lbs) over the two weeks. So far, my % fat has dropped from 54.4% to 51.2%. My husband has done similarly well; he started at 109.9 kg (243 lbs) and today weighed 106.6 kg (236 lbs), a loss of 3.2 kg (7 lbs).

We became members and are going to continue on with the LCHF, and will let you know about our progress. The medical talks and interviews you have done with people who have lost weight are very inspiring.

Thanks so much,
The Blixt family


 
This is the easiest program to lose weight and become healthy.
Both my wife and I took your 2-week challenge. We are both very pleased with the results and especially the food! It is so delicious. I personally have lost 11 lbs (5 kg) during the challenge and have never eaten so well. French fries from celery root are fantastic. Oopsie bread is wonderful and easy to make, it also toasts well. We have decided to keep going with the keto meal plans until we achieve a goal weight. Thank you for all that you do. This is the easiest program to lose weight and become healthy.

Richard & Dana


 
At the beginning of the year, I started on a low-carb diet, and two weeks in I stumbled onto Diet Doctor. After 5 weeks (3 weeks eating Diet Doctor menus), I’ve lost 10 lbs (4 kg). After beginning Diet Doctor, I took my measurements, and have lost 10 inches (25 cm) combined in my waist, hips and thighs. In addition to the weight loss, my joints have quit hurting, I’ve been migraine free, energy levels are up, and I’ve not experienced a single episode of low blood sugar (formerly a frequent concern).
The entire family loves the recipes, even the kids!!! The menus and shopping lists make shopping and cooking super easy and stress free. Thank you so much!!!

Alissa


Try it yourself

Sign up for the free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our brand new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

Curry Chicken with Cauliflower RiceMon
Salmon with Pesto and SpinachTue
Sausage with Creamed Green CabbageWed
Rutabaga Fritters with AvocadoThu
Rotisserie Chicken with Chili Béarnaise SauceFri
Saffron-Flavored Fish Soup with AioliSat
Pork Chops with Blue-Cheese SauceSun

 

More

More success stories

frida800-600×600

Women 0-39

ac8001-600×600

Women 40+

peterbig-600×600

Men 0-39

PeterR800

Men 40+

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Join free for a month

Popular low-carb videos


PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com. Let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

The post “Without Reservation, I Loved the Challenge” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/without-reservation-loved-challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment