Monday, February 20, 2017

“It Was Easy, It Was Tasty, We Were Not Hungry, and We Didn’t Want to Stop”

ana

Ana always struggled with her weight, but after finding LCHF and combining it with some intermittent fasting, this changed very quickly.

Here’s exactly how she did it:

Dear Andreas,

I am very thankful for your webpage and your support through articles, emails and recipes. I love that you support your webpage with facts and papers and scientific evidence. I love the emails. Just enough to keep you tuned in, not too many to be annoying or overwhelming. I always check the new recipes.

I have always struggled with my weight, despite exercising and eating healthy. I have been up and down, usually downs cost a huge effort and a lot of time and long deprivation of food and hours in the gym, only to gain it back with the next episode of stress. Also what bother me the most about diets was that it lead to avoidance of social events as you can’t be pushing people around to have your “diet food” and you know your willpower won’t be strong enough.

In March 2016 I was 8 kg (18 lbs) above my “best” weight (moving, changing jobs and defending my thesis). I heard about your webpage though a colleague who lost 15 kg (33 lbs) and was no longer pre-diabetic. I was hesitant to try yet another diet, and even more hesitant about eating fat (after avoiding it for years!!), and my husband would be difficult to convince as he is from Italian descent and he needs bread, pasta and beer.

After I moved, I invited my mum (who also struggled with weight most of her life) for a “spa” experience: We would join the challenge as everything else has failed. She was a little hesitant at first but she agreed to give it a try. We committed for two weeks before deciding to stop and we registered for the 2-week challenge, and then you sent the 3rd week, and then we planned a menu and did another and another… it was easy, it was tasty, we were not hungry, and we didn’t want to stop.

I have to admit that the first few days we modified the recipes a bit as we had that concern about fats… So much cream, and cheese! But after a short time we start saying “if Andreas says so…” and followed the recipes to the letter… they tasted better and worked great, and there was no reason to be afraid.

The results were amazing. I lost 10 kg (22 lbs) (gained back 1 (2 lbs) but working on that), and she lost 12 kg (26 lbs)! And even better: we never felt hungry or food deprived, we enjoyed every meal and we ate delicious food and we felt great. We both continue with the low-carb diet and we have both kept the kilos off. I love the “once a week shopping” and “once a day cooking” for a busy person!

I try to be very strict Monday to Friday and skip breakfast most of the weekdays for intermittent fasting. On the weekends I take some “liberties” (the family has to have pasta or rice every once in a while). It has never been so easy to keep the weight off
I try to be very strict Monday to Friday and skip breakfast most of the weekdays for intermittent fasting. On the weekends, I take some “liberties” (the family has to have pasta or rice every once in a while). It has never been so easy to keep the weight off, also from the perspective of social life as well… you can almost always have a low-carb option in a restaurant or with friends.

I am waiting for the 1 year mark to donate all my clothes that are now 2 sizes bigger. I am confident that I will not need them.

I have recommended the challenge to many friends and patients. It’s a big change in mindset but totally worth it!

I don’t think my story is a super story for other people to read… I just wanted to thank you for what you do. If you think it can help somebody you can post it.

Thank you and keep doing what you are doing!
Ana

Comments

Congratulations Ana to your success!

Get started

Do you want to try what Ana has done? Sign up for our free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

More

A Low-Carb Diet for Beginners

Intermittent Fasting for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

Top videos about weight loss

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post “It Was Easy, It Was Tasty, We Were Not Hungry, and We Didn’t Want to Stop” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/easy-tasty-not-hungry-didnt-want-stop

No comments:

Post a Comment