Tuesday, February 7, 2017

“I’m Making It My Life’s Mission to Make This Stop and to Educate Other Diabetics on This”

jason&stephanie

Before and after

Jason searched the internet to find a way to manage his type 2 diabetes, after realizing that standard treatment just didn’t work for him. When he found Diet Doctor, he started his low-carb journey together with his wife Stephanie.

Together, they’ve now lost 200 lbs (91 kg) – and that’s not even the most important thing. Do you want to know exactly how they did it? Keep reading their fantastic story:

Hello,

I hope that this message reaches you well, and that my story can be used to help others. I want to share our story, we still have lots of weight to lose but are already so far along. My goal is to be at 180 lbs (82 kg)… and I WILL DO IT!

Where I was – July 2016 – weighed 434 lbs (197 kg), had high blood pressure, using meal time and long acting insulin to manage type two diabetes. HbA1c 9.8, average glucose was 235 mg/dl (13 mmol/l) often times saw it above 300-400 mg/dl (16.7–22.2 mmol/l).

Former meds list:

  • Metformin (max dosage)
  • Lantus 150 units a day
  • Humalog, 1 unit : 3 g carbs plus 10 g, and 1 g for every 5 glucose units above 150 (talk about a math problem)
  • Atrovastatin
  • Losartan
  • Amlodopine
  • Prilosec

This typically cost me $300 per month with descent health insurance… My primary care doctor just kept adding to the list instead of trying to find solutions to get rid of it.

I noticed myself following the American Diabetes Diet and gaining weight, and getting worse. I had severe depression (likely caused by medication and diabetes), my vision was blurry, I hurt terribly all the time.

What I did – I google searched for how to manage type 2 diabetes and found Diet Doctor. I decided I would give it a shot. Within a week, my fasting sugars were down below 100 mg/dl (5.6 mmol/l), I was off mealtime insulin. Within 30 days they were getting too low with long acting so I stopped that, and then decided to stop taking Metformin. I was losing weight and people started noticing. I was hurting less, and generally feeling better about life. I ate less than 20 carbs a day every day.

Together we are 200 lbs (91 kg) lighter! I am off all medication. My body is appreciative!
Today – I weighed in this morning at 304 lbs (138 kg) – down 130 pounds (59 kg). My wife is down 70 lbs (32 kg). Together we are 200 lbs (91 kg) lighter! I am off all medication. My body is appreciative! I have used intermittent fasting as well as the diet from one of the membership pages that encourages a regimen of certain foods (2 cups salad, 1 cup veggies a day). I went from a size 50 pants to 36 or 38… I can buy clothes in a normal store for the first time in my adult life. I am still on this journey but it’s now just my normal life… I consider us as fully adapted. I’m in the works of starting a blog called “it’s not a diet” because this can’t just be a “low-carb diet” it has to be a forever lifestyle.

I’m going to do my masters thesis on low carb and diabetes. I am realizing the American Diabetes Association, is like the fox guarding the hen house. They are giving people bad information. Telling them to eat 60 g carbs in one sitting!!! Makes sense when they are funded by Big Pharma!!! I’m making it my life’s mission to make this stop and to educate other diabetics on this…

I am hopeful that as I continue this lifestyle with my family that I can find opportunities to speak to others. I have the uniqueness of actually liking to speak to groups! And I need to use this to help the cause.

What you guys do is amazing! Maybe some day my career path can cross into your organization so that I can make my new found passion a career.

Thank you all!

Kind Regards,
Jason and Stephanie

Comments

Congratulations on your great success on low carb, Jason and Stephanie!

Get started

Do you want to try what Jason and Stephanie have done? Sign up for our free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our brand new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

More

A Low-Carb Diet for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

How to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

Top videos about weight loss

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post “I’m Making It My Life’s Mission to Make This Stop and to Educate Other Diabetics on This” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/making-lives-mission-make-stop-educate-other-diabetics

No comments:

Post a Comment