Tuesday, January 3, 2017

“Turning down a Few Carbs Is a Fair Exchange for Feeling Healthy, Positive, Energetic and Overall Good”

Before and after

Before and after

Is it possible to lose 60 lbs in only 6 months on LCHF – even in spite of life long struggles with dieting? To find out, you should read Adeelee’s fantastic story:

A little over six months ago when I started my journey with LCHF I remember perusing the site and reading success stories others had shared and I thought to myself – when I lose all the weight, I’ll share my story too… It’s a little surreal thinking the moment is here.

I have had a lifetime of weight problems. I remember feeling “fat” by first grade and I started actively trying to lose weight by the time I was a teen. I had tried dozens of diets, anywhere from straightforward calorie counting to odd ones like the grapefruit diet. My mother provided organic, healthy, minimally processed options at home. I have just always adored carbs and sugar – I would chose those options above all else. And those cravings had me turn to a cycle of binging and purging by the time I was done with college. I felt I was in a terrible cycle I couldn’t stop. I felt I was doomed to be fat forever.

Years went by and I eventually turned 30. I was engaged and determined to lose weight. I started exercising more than ever, 6 days a week for hours at a time. I juiced for most of my meals and otherwise was severely calorie restricting myself. A year and a half of being hungry and working out constantly and I managed to lose 45 lbs (20 kg). I felt great and life was better than ever.

Right after my wedding I was blessed to get pregnant. My body had spent little more than a couple of months at the new lower weight. My exercise routine diminished more and more as did my self control with food. Before I knew it, I was at 40 weeks pregnant and had gained 60 lbs (27 kg). After I gave birth it only got worse. Initially, I lost about 20 lbs (9 kg) but then gained it back plus 10 lbs (5 kg) more. I was at a new all time high.

This was when I gave up. I tried losing weight as I had before but was too overworked and exhausted to make juices and having a baby prevented me from being at the gym all the time as I once had. Three months of these failed attempts and I was only down 9 lbs (4 kg). I was very depressed.

That’s when I found your site with the video about the food revolution. I had googled something about “low carb” and eventually found your site. I watched the movie – realized how much everything sounded like me – and decided to give this eating style a try. I began binging on the videos on your site instead of food. Every time I had a sugar craving I watched a video.

The first week I lost 6 lbs (3 kg). After three months 35 lbs (16 kg) and now at 6 months I have lost 60 lbs (27 kg). I am 5 lbs (2 kg) away from my goal.
The first week I lost 6 lbs (3 kg). After three months 35 lbs (16 kg) and now at 6 months I have lost 60 lbs (27 kg). I am 5 lbs (2 kg) away from my goal.

The weight loss has enabled me to be in control of my life. I can eat and not be hungry; I feel great in my smaller size; my digestive problems have gone away; my acid reflux has stopped… I feel healthy and wonderful and it’s thanks to everything that I learned from you. I cannot thank you enough, Doctor.

I wish I had known how once I found the ability to turn down carbs and sugar it would only get easier, bit harder. I wish I would have known how sick I would feel when I tried to “reward myself” with carbs on a special occasion. I wish for others to know how many options there are when you are LCHF – you can go out and enjoy and live life. And turning down a few carbs is a fair exchange for feeling healthy, positive, energetic and overall good.

Adeelee

Comments

What an amazing story Adeelee! We’re so glad that you’ve find a low-carb way of eating that suits you.

Get started

Do you want to try what Adeelee has done? Sign up for our free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

More

A Low-Carb Diet for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

Top videos about weight loss


Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post “Turning down a Few Carbs Is a Fair Exchange for Feeling Healthy, Positive, Energetic and Overall Good” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/turning-carbs-fair-exchange-feeling-healthy-positive-energetic-overall-good

No comments:

Post a Comment