Saturday, January 7, 2017

“I Have Effortlessly Lost 20 Kilos and No Longer Take Any Medication”

Before and after

Before and after

Annette had been trying to lose weight throughout her entire adult life, but she was never able to keep it off and she quickly regained it all after she quit dieting. She was caught in a vicious cycle – and blamed herself.

After she was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, she immediately decided to do the opposite of what she had been doing. Here’s what happened:

The E-mail

I am one of those people who has tried to lose weight all of my adult life, only to fail miserably and put it all back on again – and then some.

My problem was never a lack of self discipline, although that is what I told myself. I thought I lacked motivation and stamina. I tried to develop these traits, and failed every time. As a psychologist, the shame of not being able to do it was unbearable. I wish I had understood sooner, that personal traits such as self discipline, stamina and the ability to stay motivated has little or nothing to do with it.

My problem was not inability to stay motivated or lack of self discipline: I never lacked these traits in any other area of life.
My problem was not inability to stay motivated or lack of self discipline: I never lacked these traits in any other area of life.

My problem was trying to lose weight through an endless cycle of starvation and low-fat/high-carb diet. The official guidelines totally let me down, and left me with no one to blame but myself. I thought I was doing all the right things, and all the time my health was getting worse along with my self esteem.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in november 2015 and was put on insulin and Metformin. I began eating LCHF immediately and discovered I wasn’t hungry anymore. My blood sugar went down at an almost alarming rate, and was after three months in the near-normal range.

Since then, I have effortlessly lost 20 kg (44 lbs) and no longer take any medication. I don’t blame myself for becoming obese anymore (I blame the official guidelines and whoever invented them) and I am sworn to help others stop blaming themselves.

I still need to lose another 20 kg, according to my BMI, but I have the patience to wait for that. You see, I have discovered, that as long as I don’t starve, I have plenty of motivation and self discipline ;-)

I have started a Danish Facebook group, “Diabetes og LCHF på dansk” (Diabetes and LCHF in Danish) in an effort to build community and help others help themselves. We refer people to Dietdoctor.com all the time, and encourage them to become members.

Your webpage has so much useful information.

Thank you!
Annette

Comments

This is an amazing story Annette, thank you for sharing it!

Get started

Do you want to try what Annette has done? Sign up for our free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our brand new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

More

How to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes

A Low-Carb Diet for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

Top videos about weight loss


Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post “I Have Effortlessly Lost 20 Kilos and No Longer Take Any Medication” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/i-have-effortlessly-lost-20-kilos-and-no-longer-take-any-medication

No comments:

Post a Comment