Thursday, January 12, 2017

“I Can’t Tell You How Much Weight I Have Lost Because I DONT CARE!“

Before and after

Before and after

Cathy didn’t feel good at all, but no dieting worked, so she threw out the scale and felt like she’d never be successful at weight loss.

Then she found this site, and realized that she wasn’t a failure at weight loss – rather, the advice she was given was a massive failure! She decided to dive right in to the low-carb lifestyle, and this is what happened:

The e-mail

Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful resource! The access to your site has changed my life and the lives of my family members for the better! I love and appreciate all that you do.

In November of 2015, I weighed somewhere around 210 pounds (95 kg), I wore a size 18 and I wasn’t really very happy with the state of my body at all, but no dieting really worked for me. Within in a few days of following the low-fat, high-carb diet, I was a crazy person with weird cravings and I gave up. I decided that my hypothyroidism had won and this was the way my body would be for the rest of my life. I also threw away my scale at it was a daily reminder that I was a failure at weight loss.

In January of 2016, two things happened. The first was at my Church. Each January we are given a white stone, then we go into meditation and we are open to receiving a word from God that will guide our year. We write the word on our stone and keep it near by to remind us of our word for the year. This year my word was RELEASE. The other thing that happened was that my older sister went into heart failure and I needed to go to her and help her in her recovery. While I was with her, the house was quiet (a rare state at my house!) and I received the guidance to quit my job.

YIKES! I have two girls in college and we pay all their expenses! I can’t quit my job! But true to my word, I spoke with my husband and he was in agreement, it was time to quit my job. At the end of March, I was officially retired! I released my job and I had to release my fears that we wouldn’t have enough money to live comfortably and take care of our girls expenses in college. Release, release release!

I wasn’t a failure at weight loss, I was told BAD SCIENCE about weight loss.
I began walking my dog every day. Then I found Diet Doctor and realized I had tried low carb before, years ago, and I liked it, but with all the kids home it was hard to cook for them and me. I dove in again to low carb. There were SO many more resources for yummy recipes and advice on how to handle keto flu and the research! So much more information on why my body was responding the way it was. I wasn’t a failure at weight loss, I was told BAD SCIENCE about weight loss. I was in keto heaven AND the weight was falling off my body. Within a matter of one month my size 18 pants were falling off! Then the 16’s, then the 14’s! I had to check into my physician to renew my thyroid medication and I was down 35 pounds (16 kg) in 4 months with no hunger! Release!

I now wear a size 8, I can’t tell you how much weight I have lost because I DONT CARE! I love the way my body is lighter and happier. I can run up the stairs now without being winded, I can walk miles without fatigue and best of all I my body feels wonderful! I have ENERGY! I have a renewed love of life! I feel better now at 57 than I did at 40! I have no joint pain anymore at all! I move freely and easily.

My biggest challenge was getting my family to understand that my body doesn’t handle carbs well and to stop offering me food with tons of carbs. If they persisted, I made them watch a Diet Doctor video… all the way through! They quickly learned to respect my boundaries around food and they learned the science behind my reasoning. It sunk in because my husband lost weight and so did my children! YAY for science!

Thank you so much for having great resources available. It made my year of Release a breeze! I pray that many, many others create their own year of Release with ease and grace!

Cathy

Comments

Congratulations Cathy to your success on low carb!

Get started

Do you want to try what Cathy has done? Sign up for our free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!

Alternatively, use our free low-carb guide, or for maximum simplicity try out our brand new low-carb meal planner service – it’s free to use for a month.

More success stories

anna2

Women 0-39

julia2

Women 40+

Kunal800

Men 0-39

ron2

Men 40+

Top videos about weight loss


Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

The post “I Can’t Tell You How Much Weight I Have Lost Because I DONT CARE! appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/cant-tell-much-weight-lost-because-dont-care

No comments:

Post a Comment