Saturday, October 22, 2016

“I Love the Way I Feel in Control and Could Even Turn Down Ice Cream”

Challenge

This year over 64,000 people have signed up for FREE guidance, meal plans, recipes, shopping lists, troubleshooting tips, etc., via the two-week low-carb challenge.

What could happen if you were to take it? Here’s feedback from this week:

Feedback

Hello Andreas,

I love this challenge very much. I am 17 years old and before the two weeks my weight was at 88 kg (194 lbs) and after the two weeks its now at 82.4 kg (182 lbs)… a big difference and I can see it. I never lost so much weight in this short time.

At the beginning it was a little bit hard because of the pain in my head… and I was afraid of eating so much fat… My energy was very low, but when I ate a little bit I wasn’t hungry anymore… I had also problems with my liver because of all the fat for the two weeks and it hurt a little bit, I’ve never had any problems, that’s not so good.

But it’s the only way for me to lose weight because I gain so much weight eating carbs and I was always hungry, and its now much better… It’s easier to eat no carbs than just less… My dream weight is about 65 kg (143 lbs) (I’m 176 cm tall – 5’9″) and I will make this challenge to my new lifestyle.

Thank you very much,
Adelina


 
Dear Andreas,

I, as the diabetic, I am crazy surprised how well I feel now. It’s almost one month since I started. I have no/ I do not:

  • Ravenous hunger
  • Eat when I am not hungry
  • Food as a substitute for anything
  • Bad sleep
  • Sleeping in the afternoon

I drink much more (water and tea). I missed pastry sometimes, but it is not a big deal.

And the best in the end, I have lost 3 kilos (6+ lbs).

Thank you!
Eva


 
I have done Atkins before several times but this was much better.
I thought it was great. I have done Atkins before several times but this was much better. I never felt full on Atkins because I wasn’t eating enough fat! I lost 13 lbs (6 kg) (255-13 is 242 lbs). I want to get down to about 170 lbs (77 kg)! That is what I weighed when I got married 33 years ago. I was 30 years old then. With your help l believe I can.

Thanks,
John


 
I liked it a lot!!! It was easy to follow and I was never hungry – the menus helped a great deal. I’ve decided to continue with it for a few more weeks – I lost about 5 lbs (2 kg) and I feel really good – I did buy Atkins treats for a little something sweet but I only did it twice each week – liked all the menus too!!!

Veronica


 
Hello,

I did the two-week challenge and loved it. I have been struggling with an extra 15 pounds (7 kg) for five years. It seems I was “always” hungry or thinking about food. I felt totally out of control.

I love the way I feel in control and could even turn down ice cream.
I remember following the Atkins diet in the 70s. I did lose weight but felt extremely exhausted. To me, LCHF was miraculous. I had minimal side effects with huge results. I love the way I feel in control and could even turn down ice cream. I have loved the recipes and have shared them with my family. One of their favourites is the pizza.

I plan to continue on for another three weeks. This was one challenge that I actually completed.

Thanks so much,
Linda


 
I enjoyed it very much. My husband and I did it. We didn’t lose much weight, but feel so much better and believe that it should be our way of health, simply because of the health benefits. I look forward to continued weight loss.

Sue


 
My husband and I have just finished the first 2 weeks of this new eating plan, and we were amazed by how we adapted so easily to it. The recipes were very simple and very tasty. We were never hungry, in fact we couldn’t eat all three meals on most of the days.

Both of us is that we had a problem with constipation. In the end senna tablets did the trick.

We lost weight and do feel less tired and my arthritis is less of a problem, in that my knees are much less swollen.
My husband lost 5 lbs (2 kg) and I lost 16 lbs (7 kg) (but I am fatter than he is).

We are going to continue on this way of eating, and we are grateful for the information that Diet Doctor has given us.

Best wishes,
Janet


 
Overall, I have enjoyed the wide range of recipes. Some needed some additional spices for my pallet. I am still trying different ones. I have maintained a strict low-carb diet for the 2 weeks. I was a little disappointed that I didn’t lose more weight (3.5 lbs – 2 kg) but seeing I am in the normal weight range for my height, it isn’t too surprising.
For me, the best part is that I have been off insulin since the first week I started following the LCHF diet tips.
I did however; lose an inch off my chest (2 cm), waist and hips. For me, the best part is that I have been off insulin since the first week I started following the LCHF diet tips. With few exceptions, my fasting blood sugars have been in the normal range. I look forward to checking my A1C level at my next doctor’s appointment.

The challenge was good and I hope others benefited from it as well. I plan to continue with the LCHF diet plan.

Robert


 
I have lost almost 13 lbs (6 kg) but have stalled out for a week at the same weight. Suggestions to kick start the losing streak again. Love the meals. Not missing the sweets or starches at all.

Thanks,
Joyce


 
I loved it and I love your site! You gave a lot of great info and am continue my low-carb diet because I feel so good and I am seeing results. The only thing I am worried about is how to let carbs back into my life.

Elaine


 
I was a little disappointed I only lost 5 lbs (2 kg) but I will be doing it again. I see where I went wrong. I will be more strict this time around. I wasn’t eating enough veggies a lot of meat though, also I was eating yogurt for snack every day. Check back in 10 more days I’m sure I would have lost more. I’m excited and DETERMINED!!!!!!!!!!

Jarona


 
Tried several new recipes that my husband loved as well.
Had difficulty being perfectly consistent due to being away from home some. However, no keto flu and dropped 6 lbs (2 kg). Tried several new recipes that my husband loved as well. Thanks for all the information. Love the site.

Tanya


 
Good day,
I didn’t really keep track of weight loss, but my clothes are a bit loose on me now so I guess it worked.
The 2-week low-carb challenge was great. I felt good eating clean. I must admit, I cheated a few times cause I really missed carbs. I started working out too. I didn’t really keep track of weight loss, but my clothes are a bit loose on me now so I guess it worked.

Suggestions:

  1. More options with generic, more common ingredients. It was difficult to find some of the ingredients. (I live in Ghana)
  2. Less eggy meals. I am allergic, so it made it really difficult for me to follow the meal plan.
  3. More pan/pot cooked meals. Cause I don’t own an oven and the closest oven to me is over 5 miles away.

I repeated a lot of the easier meals. Ate a lot of lettuce, carrots and tomatoes and when I got bored, I cheated.

I guess the challenge brought out my creative side in the kitchen because there were a lot of recipes I couldn’t make.

I’m continuing until the end of October.
Miraculata


 
The two-week challenge went well. I lost eight pounds (3.5 kg), slimmed down a little, and was not starving the whole time. We plan on continuing with our LCHF diet.

Mark


 
I failed miserably. I never plan well for these things. It does take planning and cooking new recipes. I work long hours and usually I’m too tired to cook anything new. I will try it again. I think I will cook some of the dishes before I start the challenge to see what I like and what is easy and fast. That way when I start again I will be better prepared.

Sally


 
Dr. Eenfeldt,
We haven’t felt the constant hunger that so many diets cause, and seem to have regained some of the internal appetite controls that we didn’t have on a more “normal,” high-carb diet.
I am amazed at how painless your plan was. My wife, my oldest daughter and I all started the diet together, and have experienced great initial results, and almost no cravings to speak of. We haven’t felt the constant hunger that so many diets cause, and seem to have regained some of the internal appetite controls that we didn’t have on a more “normal,” high-carb diet.

We plan to continue indefinitely, gradually phasing in more carbs, once we have reached our weight-loss goals. We intend to do be methodical with that phasing in, documenting dietary changes and effects on weight, energy, cognition, etc. In that way, we should be able to find our respective balance-points, where we can maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Thank you for making this available to us. I had tried low-carb diets before, but always failed. You are the first doctor I’ve encountered who brought up the fact that there can be too much protein in the diet, leading the body to convert some into sugars. That explains why, with previous diets, my cravings or sugar-addiction symptoms never subsided. Your research and explanations enabled us to calibrate appropriate protein levels such that we can recover effectively from exercise, without over-consuming proteins.

Thank you, and best regards,
George


 
Hi Andreas,

Greetings from Canada!

I am so thankful I found your website! A recent visit to my doctor’s office had me searching for a low-carb eating plan that I could realistically live with long term. My blood pressure is not responding as well as my doctor would like to the BP medications I am on and she is rather concerned. It was my doctor who told me to try eating low carb.

I have never even considered eating this way until now. I have tried many, many times over the last 30 years to shed unwanted pounds but all attempts (and results) have only ever been temporary. Counting points, weighing and measuring every morsel I put in my mouth, meal replacement shakes, special (& expensive!) foods, making separate meals for me vs. my family’s meals… none of them have been sustainable solutions to my ever-growing weight problem.

I am the mom of four school-aged children, I have ADD (Inattentive Type), as does my oldest son and I work crazy hours, often returning home at 2 a.m. or later, 5 nights a week! Needless to say, I don’t have a lot of mental or physical energy left over for myself.

That is the beauty of this LCHF way of eating! So little effort is required to stay on program. I am not hungry at all between meals, I get to eat things I love (are you kidding me right now? – eggs, cheese and butter every morning?!! – I’m in heaven!!) and the recipes you provided were great! (My 2 favourites so far are the low carb pizza with egg/cheese “crust” and the pesto pork chops with pesto aoli. Awesome!!)

After completing the 2-week challenge, I have lost 6.2 pounds (3 kg), 2 inches (5 cm) off my waist and 1 inch (3 cm) off my hips! I am now hooked on LCHF and can’t wait to explore the rest of the website and see what the future holds.

I have set a very hefty goal to drop 105 pounds (48 kg) from my 5-foot 3-inch (160 cm), 239-pound (108 kg) frame by this time next year and I am now well on my way!

Thank you again for your website, for your insight into the science of eating LCHF and for your guidance in the future…

Sincerely, a new LCHF Fan!

Nancy


 
Dear Dr.Eenfeldt,

I really enjoyed the low-carb challenge. I found it easy to do and I didn’t have any ill effects, and best of all, I lost 6 pounds (3 kg). I will continue following a moderate low-carb plan. I have been following the Paleo Diet for several years but have trouble losing weight.

I have an auto-immune thyroid disease… Hashimoto’s, and I don’t know if the higher carbs slow my metabolic rate but I kept trying to make it work.

With the low-carb high-fat diet I am eating the foods I missed, especially cheese
With the low-carb high-fat diet I am eating the foods I missed, especially cheese, and there are plenty of recipes that will allow me to keep on doing so.

Thank you for providing your program… You made it easy with shopping lists and meal plans.

Sincerely,
Joanne

Are you ready?

More success stories

frida800-600×600

Women 0-39

ac8001-600×600

Women 40+

peterbig-600×600

Men 0-39

PeterR800

Men 40+


Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

Videos


PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com. Let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

The post “I Love the Way I Feel in Control and Could Even Turn Down Ice Cream” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/love-way-feel-control-even-turn-ice-cream

No comments:

Post a Comment