Thursday, October 13, 2016

“I Feel Great. Energized, Clear-Headed. Not Hungry.”

Challenge

This year over 61,000 people have signed up for FREE guidance, meal plans, recipes, shopping lists, troubleshooting tips, etc., via the two-week low-carb challenge.

What could happen if you were to take it? Here’s feedback from this week:

Feedback

Hi,

Yes I have had great success with LCHF. I lost 40 lbs (18 kg) and have a normal A1c and blood pressure. I have more energy and I am enjoying life. The very best thing about eating LCHF is that I do not spend every waking hour thinking about food. I once spent the day thinking about what I could eat and what I couldn’t eat. Now I feel like a normal person. I eat good food and other than meal planning I don’t think too much about food and eating.

Thanks,
Gail


 
The hardest part was to “wash my brain” of all the mis-information that I have been reading and trying for years!

Good morning!

I loved the 2-week challenge! For the first time in all my years of buying into all the “BS” about how to lose weight and how to eat (I think there are at least a million. LOL) I have finally found a plan that works for me. During the challenge, the hardest part was to “wash my brain” of all the mis-information that I have been reading and trying for years! I just kept watching your videos and reading everything on your site and learning all I could. The recipes are awesome and the guidance is amazing! In 2 weeks I have lost 10 lbs (4.5 kg) and 2 inches (5 cm) from my waist! There is no doubt that this is going to be my eating plan for life! I have 50 lbs to lose so will stay with strict low carb until I reach my goal weight!

Thank you so much for everything and looking forward to becoming a member,
Patty


 
I was inspired by a neighbour who is on the Diet Doctor journey and has already lost 84 lbs (38 kg). He told me to go online and follow the advice.

Two weeks later I am 12 lbs (5 kg) lighter, not hungry, happy and feel able to cope with any challenge. Thank you so much for opening my eyes to an eating lifestyle that I thought, at first, sounded too good to be true.

My journey continues… bring on week three.
Janet


 
I actually enjoyed this challenge! I was pretty certain that I could do this at least for the two weeks, which was encouraging. And I enjoyed doing it! I didn’t lose a lot of weight or inches, but I did lose some, which is a start.

I was never hungry and I took pleasure in the meals, both the ease of preparing them and eating them, not to mention the easy cleanup! It was a positive experience, one I plan to continue. I did have questions along the way, which were not in the Q&A; I didn’t know how to find the answers so I tried to exercise common sense. I remain encouraged that this is the way to eat!

Thanks for the easy to follow plans, too.
Patricia


 
Big difference at first but after about 4 days we seemed to settle in to it and were happy with the results.
My wife lost 10 lbs (4.5 kg) and I lost 7 lbs (3 kg) over the two weeks followed the diet and meals big difference at first but after about 4 days we seemed to settle in to it and were happy with the results. Will see what the next 2 weeks bring. Hoping for the same or better results.

Thank you,
Mick


 
Hello,

So I tried out the low-carb challenge and I couldn’t be happier with the results. I lost 6.8 pounds (15 kg) in those two weeks and now I am into my third week. I will be continuing this diet plan until I reach my goal. I have recommended this challenge to numerous people already and I will continue to recommend this to people if they are interested in losing weight but don’t know where to start. Thanks for the help through e-mails and for all of the delicious recipes. The low-carb tex-mex recipe is my all time favorite so far and I will definitely be making that again in the near future. That’s another thing, the recipes are not only really tasty but they are quick and easy to make. My kind of meals! Thanks again!

Jana


 
Dear Andreas,

I would like to thank you for this 2-week challenge. It was very inspiring, structured and helpful. I have back my inspiration for cooking (and eating), my family is happy now :) I’m very surprised at the fact that after years of religious calorie counting, eating “healthy” and hunger, I’m so calm, confident, satisfied and happy.

Wish you the best,
Hanna


 
Thank you for your work, Andreas!

Mid August, after years of hovering the boundary, my A1C test said 6.6, diabetes. I’d always managed my late-peak tendency with diet, but a year before this the picture had been complicated by a new (it’s always something) health crisis when my small intestine became blocked. A CAT scan revealed 4 loops of small intestine neatly bound up with adhesions from earlier surgeries. Luckily, I avoided more surgery this time, and have since coped by removing insoluble fiber from my diet. Thus the diabetes.

The doc put me on metformin, and I saw little choice. (I noticed it’s also being touted with magical properties, maybe cancer prevention and promoting good gut bacteria. Who knows? Maybe pharma will get a new patent for it. Cha-ching!) But looking at diets given to diabetics, I was horrified. So many carbs, even sugar. These diets, even for people not on insulin, seemed absurd. Then I saw the article in the New York Times, suggesting people try low carb (please!) before subjecting themselves to gastric surgery for weight loss. That’s when I saw the link to Diet Doctor.

The web page presentation was so positive and made so much sense, that I took the 2-week challenge. For a week or so before, I kept 60 g carbs/ day, so when I started the challenge, I found it easy. The Sunday prep was so complete that I felt in charge, but not alone. Getting up everyday and finding emails, encouraging me with more articles and videos, was (is!) a great help. I know where to turn, how to do this, and how to be creative with it.

There were some leg cramps, and my feet burned at night on occasion, so I stopped the metformin. I’ll tell my doc after my next A1C in November.

I’ve lost 12 lbs (5 kg). I feel great. Energized, clear-headed. Not hungry. I’m already tending to 2 meals a day.
I’ve lost 12 lbs (5 kg). I feel great. Energized, clear-headed. Not hungry. I’m already tending to 2 meals a day. Yes, yes, I have a weakness for cream now that I’ve found that fat is our friend, and on occasion will whip up an inch of heavy cream in my Ninja, grind in 4-5 strawberries, pour it all in a large glass and add some cold seltzer. I still feel naughty when I do it, but I’ll get over it.

I’ve read some critical comments on the website that low carb correlates positively with higher mortality. But then I look at the studies and see that they are for high protein low carb – which isn’t really low carb at all. And the “calories in = calories out” always seemed silly. We aren’t simple machines. Why should we be any more efficient than an average combustion engine?

I can’t see myself eating sweets now. With the low-fiber diet, I totally craved them. I used to a be a great bread baker, and lived on the latest oatsy health food. But I lost faith in that industry too when I had an episode of gout. I did all the things right to fight it, avoided gouty foods. The docs didn’t want me on meds to reduce uric acid because I’m a kidney cancer survivor, and they’re careful about challenging my kidneys (Which adds to my thinking metformin isn’t the best idea for me). But then – a real gift – the studies came out that showed fructose as a culprit. I put down the orange juice etc. and haven’t had a problem since.

I was living happily without sugar, and now without grains. I can’t thank you enough for inviting me to be part of the revolution.

Best,
Deborah


 
Well, here are my thoughts about this diet:
My energy is more readily available, my digestion is improved, I love the foods I’m eating and I think my mind is more clear.
I started at 170 lbs (77 kg) on Sept 13 and this morning I weighed 164 lbs (74 kg). My energy is more readily available, my digestion is improved, I love the foods I’m eating and I think my mind is more clear.

I would say I have had great success on this program… twenty years ago while weight training (4 years) I ate similar to this, but instead of high fat, I ate as little fat as I could ingest. I think I’ve been rebound eating since and think it’s why I went from 125 lbs (57 kg) to 170 lbs (77 kg) in 15 years… at 62 years old today, I just couldn’t seem to find the correct calibration of food until a friend (and athlete) recommended I look into LCHF eating program.

The first 5 days I did eat breakfast, but since I have been on the 16-8, I feel really good with the 2 meals a day. Now I am going to continue on and hopefully as I see more progress, make this a lifestyle way of enjoying my food… I would love to think my blood profile numbers are decreasing along with burning fat as fuel!

Thank you for sharing this information (and your humor)… I’m enjoying the informational videos!

Regards,
Beth


 
I loved the two-week challenge, recipes were great, didn’t feel hungry! My husband was thrilled with my cooking. But I didn’t lose weight. I am a heavy drinker, switched from red wine to vodka, still lots of calories. I kept my carbs below 20. I am keeping at it.

Could use advice about alcohol. Starting to get tired of eggs. Other options for breakfast would be good, that are as easy as eggs. I am pre-diabetic. My blood sugar dropped signifantly, loved that. Am also pre-hypertension. No improvement there.

Thanks!
Bonnie


 
Hi Andreas,

It was a great experience with the low-carb diet. I have reduced 6-7 kg (13-15 lbs) in 2 weeks with cardio work out. I found I am physically more proactive now. I need to reduce 2-3 kg (4-7 lbs) more to achieve weight as per my BMI, so I would prefer to continue the same for the next week.

After achieving my desired weight I will make combined diet plan of high carb and low carb to maintain my weight. I request you suggest me for the same.

Apart from your diet plan which was little difficult to follow in India, I have come up with my own low-carb recipe. So I would request you to help us with more alternatives of vegetarian recipes.

Thanks for leading me for such great direction to stay fit.

Regards,
Pankaj


 
Hi,
I have been following a ketogenic diet since March and have never felt better.
I really like your website and enjoyed the 2-week challenge. I have been following a ketogenic diet since March and have never felt better. Over these months, I have lost 30 pounds (14 kg); I am 4’11” (150 cm) and currently weigh 94 pounds (43 kg). I have been maintaining this weight since July, and I feel fantastic, but my husband is concerned that I am not eating enough protein. I eat around 50 grams of protein/day. Is there a formula on your website that helps determine how much protein one should consume? Your response is much appreciated.

Thank you, again, for your informative website and delicious recipes!

Diana


 
Hello,

I lost 7-8 lbs (3-4 kg) in 2 weeks. I am 56 years old, 5’3″ (160 cm) started @ 200 lbs (91 kg). down to 192 lbs (87 kg). I am a little pre-diabetic, if the diet helps that out I’ll be thrilled. My big concern is my cholesterol. I am usually close to 300, mostly bad. I am not on any statins right now. I haven’t had a blood test yet but I feel like I’m eating my way towards a heart attack. I have consumed a fair amount of meat. Is it too early to be tested? I have followed the rules of the diet minus some of the recipes with the psyllium powder, which I have on order and intend to use.

I also have consumed a fair amount of alcohol. Mainly dry white wine & vodka martinis a few times a week. My hunger pangs have decreased and I snack on cheese & nuts. I get a little light headed and have had some constipation. But nothing severe. How do I know if I have achieved ketosis? Am I headed in the right direction?

Thanks,
Phil


 
I thought it was an easy diet to follow. Found out I’m almost a low-carb person as I ate so little carbs even before the diet. It therefore was easy for me to follow, did miss my toast with egg in the morning. The oopsie bread just didn’t cut it. I’ll plan to continue but breakoff once in a while for toast.

Liked your meal plans,
Virgie


 
I loved it! Thanks for the daily e-mails with new recipes. Your website was very helpful in giving me other ideas as well. I’ll continue eating low carb and hope to lose even more than the five pounds (2 kg) that I took off these past two weeks!

Wanda


 
Excellent, motivational, informative are a few words to describe your website. I am a fireman, I have a new born which drastically cut my workout time by 80%, and I was in need of a diet plan. I’m off to a great start. I’ve dropped 12 lbs (5 kg) so far staying @ or below 20 carbs. The recipes are a great added addition! Thank you and keep up the great work.
 
I am really impressed and surprised. I feel good and don’t really miss sugar.
I am really impressed and surprised. I feel good and don’t really miss sugar. We recently went through hurricane preparations so we were constantly on the move putting up shutters, moving yard/patio stuff and helping our neighbor. We did experience a bit of dizziness when bending over. We increased our water and drank bouillon as you suggested and it improved. Both my husband and I have lost weight and our clothes are already fitting better. Your recipes are very good – the servings are large!

Thank you so much for your site. You are surely helping a lot of people.

Best to you,
Kathy


 
Hello Andreas,

I got through the challenge and must admit that it was easier than I initially anticipated. I am a declared carb junkie. I LOVE bread, muesli, fruit and pasta and am having a bit of a struggle not to have any of it anymore.Hopefully it will be even easier over time. Having less hunger surely helps!

My main struggle over the 2-week period was and still is constipation. I tried all the recommendations you have listed on the site (apart from the Milk of Magnesia) and the result was not really good. It might just take some time for the body to adjust to the new regime. It is a bit of a concern though.

Anything else was easy peasy. I lost about 6 pounds (3 kg) which makes me very happy. Still have some more to get rid off. I like the recipes. They are very easy to follow and tasty. A few more soups and vegetarian options would be nice.

I will keep going and also recommend it to friends and family :)

Have a great day!
Greetings from Amsterdam.

Nicole


 
Hi,

Before your challenge I was doing LCHF and fasting 16 hours, and got stuck so this was a real help! I lost an inch (2 cm) on my waist and 4 lbs (2 kg)! Your dinner recipes were really interesting, they resembled most of mine except for the addition of lots of fat. I don’t think I was eating enough fat. Now I know to add more cheese, cream, butter, etc.

Your portions of protein are a bit larger than mine used to be – I was weighing out 4 oz… Thats OK since I only eat 2 meals.

Also I was eating less and was not hungry. Still have faint cravings but if I distract myself they go away.

Costco (warehouse store in the US) has a good selection of ketogenic snacks and foods ready prepared, which makes it easy when traveling. They actually had the salmon with pesto butter! It was REALLY tasty I had some last night. The salmon was already cut into small pieces. Not cheap but enough for about 5 meals.

THANKS! Now I know how to adjust my LCHF amounts.

Also I feel so much better, knowing I can with time conquer this addiction.
Jane

Are you ready?

More success stories

frida800-600×600

Women 0-39

ac8001-600×600

Women 40+

peterbig-600×600

Men 0-39

PeterR800

Men 40+


Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

Videos


PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com. Let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

The post “I Feel Great. Energized, Clear-Headed. Not Hungry.” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/feel-great-energized-clear-headed-not-hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment