Wednesday, September 28, 2016

“This Lifestyle Change Is One of the Easiest and Best Decisions I’ve Made”

Before and after

Before and after

After two pregnancies, Simonee found herself a lot heavier than she was comfortable with, experiencing no self control and feeling twice her age. She was constantly baking sugary foods and was a slave under her cravings.

Then she found what worked for her – one of the “easiest and best decisions” she’s made. Here’s how it has transformed her life.

The E-mail

Hello Dr. Andreas,

The picture on the left is me at about 177-180 lbs (80 kg), the picture on the right is me at about 157 lbs (71 kg) currently. Prior to my 20s and being married, I was effortlessly thin. Once I got married, we ate out constantly. We were pigging out and happy. I was 188 pounds (85 kg) before I knew it and then got pregnant with my first son. After a few years and several different diets I lost weight. I got down to 165 lbs (75 kg) or so. Then I got pregnant with my second son and gained about 40 pounds topping off at 208 lbs (94 kg). Once I had him, I got down to 190 lbs (86 kg) and had to work hard to get the rest off. I exercised daily, tried veganism which lasted all of two days, if that. I was a pescatarian (just seafood) for eight months. I managed to get down to 162 lbs (73 kg).

Then came baking. I became a stay-at-home mom and discovered I was a really good baker. I ate freshly baked goods by the dozens on a daily basis. I had no self control. I loved baking but I hated myself. I was in pain daily. My vision would get very blurry after a sugar binge. My sugar levels registered as pre-diabetic at one point. I hated the way I looked, I was so uncomfortable in my own skin. I tried sheer will power and portion control but nothing worked. I was always hungry or craving. I would start the day off well but by 2pm I was binging on everything. I would tell myself I can eat what I want today and start my diet over tomorrow since I had already messed up. I’d always start over and be finished by 2 pm. I lived like this for a while getting back up to 185 lbs (84 kg).

I was tired of myself, tired of my lack of control, tired of feeling double my age in the morning. I saw an advertisement for dietdoctor.com. I begin reading every article and success story I could lay my eyes on until my motivation tank was full. What really stood out to me was the fact that I could gain the ability to listen to my body and trust it to tell me when I was hungry and when I was full once I eliminated carbs, specifically processed ones. Also not being forced to eat breakfast. My body hates food before 11:00 am. On June 20, 2016 I prayed and asked God for the strength to act on the knowledge I had acquired, I took the 2-week challenge and I haven’t stopped.

I’m not obsessed with food anymore. I am able to choose health over immediate gratification.
Prior to this lifestyle I would force myself to eat breakfast in the morning because “breakfast is the most important meal”. Now I listen to my body. I rarely snack and I’m hardly hungry. I’m never ravenously hungry like I used to be where my decisions were impaired and I would choose poor foods. Now hunger gradually happens and I am in control enough to choose cucumbers, salmon and avocado. I’m not obsessed with food anymore. I am able to choose health over immediate gratification.

I am by no means a perfect follower. I almost backslid on Labor Day. I had Doritos and felt like my stomach was an empty pit. I couldn’t get full. The feeling of being out of control started to creep back. I had the opportunity to reset my eating and I was able to get back on track.

This lifestyle change is one of the easiest and best decisions I’ve made. I’m always satisfied, it saves me money on groceries because my eyes aren’t bigger than my stomach. I’m even able to maintain this lifestyle though my family doesn’t eat the same way. My relationship with food has changed and for that I am super grateful! I am down 23 pounds and down about 2 to 3 dress sizes. I’d like to lose about 10 to 15 more but I am so happy with my progress in just 90 days that I just had to share! Thank you Dr. Andreas for inspiring people to change the trajectory of their health for the better!

Simonee

Comments

So glad to hear that you’ve found a way of eating that fits you perfectly Simonee, congratulations to the great progress!

Are you ready?

Low Carb for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

How to Reverse Your Diabetes Type 2

Take the FREE Low-Carb Challenge

More success stories

Fatima800

Women 0-39

elizabeth800

Women 40+

avistreck

Men 0-39

Fagley

Men 40+


Support

We want to help millions of people to massively improve their health like Simonee. Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

Videos




PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com. Let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

The post “This Lifestyle Change Is One of the Easiest and Best Decisions I’ve Made” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/lifestyle-change-easiest-best-decisions-made

No comments:

Post a Comment