Friday, September 2, 2016

“It’s like Magic, I Swear”

Challenge

It’s official – this year more than 50,000 people have signed up for FREE guidance, meal plans, recipes, shopping lists, troubleshooting tips, etc., via the two-week low-carb challenge.

What could happen if you were to take it? Here’s feedback from this week, including some questions with answers by me:

Feedback

Hi Dr. Eenfeldt,

The Low-Carb Challenge is fantastic! I had already cut back on my bread and potatoes intake before starting the challenge… but I was having plenty of carbs via my “healthy” diet of whole grains and low fat, and constantly felt hungry.

On the LCHF challenge, I was lucky enough not to have many problems with the change in eating. In fact, I’d say it’s all been positive! The constant headaches, feelings of tiredness, depression, and mental fogginess have been replaced with an incredible amount of energy, the ability to cut back on my medication for depression, and an overall feeling of good health and happiness. Plus I’m no longer persistently hungry… for the first time since puberty, I think. Feeling so good is the best part of the LCHF way of eating.

An extra bonus is the weight loss – it’s like magic, I swear.
An extra bonus is the weight loss – it’s like magic, I swear. Losing weight has always been a struggle for me and for the first time ever, I was losing weight without even trying. Magic!

My friend was the one who told me about LCHF and Diet Doctor – and I can’t thank her enough for the recommendation. Thank you for this fantastic resource.

Best,
Iris


 
Hi there,

I can’t say enough good things about the two week challenge! I lost 12 pounds (5 kg) during the two weeks! Since then I have lost an additional 4 pounds (2 kg)! Grand total 16 lbs. (7 kg) so far!

More important than that, I went to my Doctor’s on Fri as my blood pressure has been pretty low for the past 10 days! She was amazed at the numbers and took me off one of my bp meds! I am monitoring things closely!

My son and husband are on this as well now and feel amazing! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I have not felt this good in years!

Sincerely,
Jane


 
 
Hi,

My wife and I have just finished your two-week diet, we combined that with the 5 plus 2 diet, that is we didn’t eat for two days then ate for the other five. I am overweight, at 113 kg (254 lbs) and lost 5 kg (11 lbs), my wife was 70 AND lost 3 (7 lbs) so we are very happy, I have tried many diets, probably more diets than most women over my life, and can honestly say this the best diet I’ve been on, as the food was nice and tasty, we didn’t feel hungy and above all we enjoyed the food, and that’s half the battle.

We are both going to continue this diet, and would appreciate any more ideas regards optional meal ideas. We also liked the idea of carb counts of the different foods, e.g. bananas 20, and would like a list of all the different food groups and their carb count. All in all great, thanks a lot for your help, and we will tell others as well.

David and Helen,
Australia


 
 
I felt much clearer of mind and healthier after just a few days…
I think it is really the way to go; I felt much clearer of mind and healthier after just a few days and with very yummy food to boot! It takes a little while to get your head around eating food that for so long has been considered ‘bad’.

Never felt hungry, and whilst I let myself down a couple of times by making bad food choices… I’m going to make every effort to follow this for the long term and gradually wean myself into this way of living.

Thanks so much for such an insightful and information packed website – it is truly inspirational, so no excuses and every reason to adapt and follow this lifestyle approach.

Anne


 
 
I loved the 2 week challenge. I lost 8 pounds (4 kg) and at age 68 that amazing for me.

I miss your daily emails with suggested meals. However, the 2 weeks gave me some great recipes and I have incorporated my own.

Also I have been skipping lunch somewhat since I am not very hungry. When I am hungry I have 2 tablespoons of pecans. Water is very important.

Thank you so very much for the information, website and great recipes. I am still learning and your site is filled with information. Is there a online support group I can join? [We don’t have one yet, but there are good options on Facebook, like this one. /Andreas]

Sincerely,
Danna


 
 
Lost 12 lbs (5 kg) in 30 days.

Thank you,
Carlos

 


 
I loved the 2 week challenge. I lost 11 pounds (5 kg) – and 3 inches (7 cm) off my waist. The recipes were easy, quick and very good. Both husband and son loved them as well. 2 weeks down and I am doing another 2 weeks. I was happy to hear about being able to skip breakfast. This two weeks I am going to try that and see if I get too hungry. Thank you for putting something together that is so easy.

The thing I’d love to see also is a shopping list derived from the recipes that I select – that would be the bomb, but of course, not to difficult to do manually.

Thank you,
Vicki Wishau

 


 
Hello – I have done okay I guess. Lost 8 pounds (4 kg) in two weeks and 1.5 inches (4 cm).

I travel a lot for business. Can you do a segment or have you done a segment on where to dine out? [We do have a general guide. /Andreas]

Thanks,
Keith

 


 
Hi,

I thought the challenge was very easy to follow. I did have a few days of not feeling my best and I haven’t really lost that much weight yet. I am planning to stick with it a few more weeks. Thanks for posting all of this information, it has been very interesting to read and review.

Kind regards,
Tammy

 


 
My doctor… recommended a low carb lifestyle mentioning that her own colleagues have adopted it with great success.
Hi Dr Eenfeldt,

I live in Boston in the U.S. After discussing my life long weight issues with my doctor, she recommended a low carb lifestyle mentioning that her own colleagues have adopted it with great success. I am in the overweight, not obese, category which is a plus but still troubling for me. At 5 feet, 4 inches (163 cm) I weighed 171 lbs (78 kg) on 10 August. My first weigh-in for myself will be 31 August.

Here are my first two weeks observations:
– giving up sugar and highly processed foods has not been terribly difficult
– restricting the amount of fruit (apples, grapes, watermelon, etc) is much more of a challenge
– eating high fat still strikes fear in me after decades of avoiding it
– I am surprised at how full I stay between meals with little urge to snack
– my water intake is very high and for the first time in my life, crave water
– I noticed the other day my eczema has not been bothering me as much and I am attributing low carb intake to that
– my energy level is noticeably less but I take comfort from your website this is transitory
– your website and its many resources is excellent

Thanks for asking for input!

Regards,
Sheila

 


 
My Husband lost 6 lbs (3 kg) and I lost 2 (1 kg). I can’t seem to stay in Ketosis.

 


 
I really LOVED the challenge, and am continuing on to week three! Hopefully, I will stick with it through six weeks and have a better idea about it’s benefits then. I will miss those daily e-mails, however. Somehow, they added additional support. I want to thank you for making all of this free, as well as the reasonably-priced membership.
I’ve done so much reading and watching (videos) to further my understanding of this way of eating.
I’ve done so much reading and watching (videos) to further my understanding of this way of eating. I am fascinated by and try to keep up with nutritional research , but I have to say I knew almost nothing about low carb/high fat because I was influenced by all those naysayers that said it was dangerous….so I stayed clear of it. However, because of a history of diabetes and dementia in my family, I’ve been looking for a way to reduce inflammation and a possibility of insulin resistance (which I have no proof of having at this time).

I also am a serial dieter and have been searching for something that might be sustainable over the long-term. For a long time now, I wanted to do more intermittent fasting (I usually fast 24 hours once-a-week and in the past have done longer ones) and found that this is much easier on a 16/8 time-frame – particularly on a high fat diet.

I didn’t really have any “flu-like” symptoms, with the exception of a very mild sore throat that lasted 8 hours – and I’m not sure that was even related. However, my sleep isn’t near as good as it was prior to beginning the challenge, so I’m hoping that will come back as I continue the diet. Previously I ate a ton of vegetables and fruits on a very low fat diet, but I slept wonderfully well.

My only suggestion is that I had a couple of questions and really couldn’t find a way to get them answered on your website. I think I may have stumbled on it yesterday, so I’ll check back in a day or so to see if there is a response. My suggestion is that perhaps the mechanism you use for questions and answers could be simplified somehow.

Anyway, sorry for this very long e-mail, but I just wanted to thank you again for your service to people. I really enjoyed the first two weeks and am looking forward to continuing!
Sincerely,
Kathy

 


 
I wished I find out about you sooner. The diet works, 6 weeks ago A1c was 8.5. Last week 5.8 I’m a truck driver you just saved my job and life.

Thank you very much,
Patrick

 


 
I noticed less hunger, better digestion, better sleep and most importantly; even energy levels throughout the day.
Hi Andreas and all your co-workers,

What did I think about the low-carb challenge? The short answer is: I think it’s a great kick-in the butt towards better overall health. My husband happily joined. He’s not overweight but loves this food – and allows himself little more carbs.

I enountered two issues: couldn’t finish all the meat so some went into the freezer (used it of course the following week) and having two young adults in the house, it was a little complicated to plan the meals, because they can never give an easy answer whether they will join us for dinner or not :) But both these issues are actually minor issues.

I noticed less hunger, better digestion, better sleep and most importantly; even energy levels throughout the day. I’ve given my father (who is overweight and with many health problems) the web address and he’s going to look at it.

Thanks a lot for your work and contribution towards better health,

Jóna

 


 
Good morning Andreas

I hope you are having a good Monday.

I don’t have many pictures of me, I have tended to avoid them. I did get one taken this morning though, this is me three and a half weeks into LCHF.

As a little add on to my original mail, I forgot to mention I am loosing weight. I started at 146.5 kg (324 lbs), I am now 137.1 kg (302 lbs).

Sorry I don’t have a before photo, though I can’t really see that much of a change in me. In a few months or so I’ll take another as an update.

Thanks again for your amazing site.

John

 


 
Hi, I think this diet is an extremely good way to start losing weight and I will continue a low-carb diet. I feel more energy and I tell others about it.

 


 
Hi Andreas,

I found the low-carb challenge very helpful although to be honest I discovered your diet doctor website over 3 weeks ago and took on the 30 day trial and was so inspired to start a strict low carb from then.

I didn’t know any of the science regarding how refined carbs affect the body until I watched your videos…
It was fairly easy as I experiment with my own cooking anyway but I didn’t know any of the science regarding how refined carbs affect the body until I watched your videos etc. My weight was 81.4 (179 lbs) kg 4 weeks ago and now I am down to 75 (165 lbs) and I even did Jason Fung’s 7-day fast. That was difficult and I know I threw myself in the deep end too soon but weight came off rapidly.

Now however I seem to be not moving from 75 kg hardly. Even though I am only hungry and eat once a day mostly. Is that normal for weight loss to slow down like this? [Temporary plateaus of days or weeks are super common – probably you only need to keep going – alternatively check these tips /Andreas]

I am following the five rules as best I can. I have done some swimming in our cold British sea as I live in Brighton but that does not seem to make much difference.

Any advice or reasurance you can offer me I would be glad of as I am slightly worried at this slowdown when I weigh myself every day as you advise. I use an ipad app which shows the trend going down but maybe I need to be patient now?

P.S. My mother has mild type 2 diabetes for 2 years now but she is getting bad diet advice to eat porridge, oats and other carbs so I’ve told her about your website also.

Best wishes and many thanks for what you have already done to help me with your website.
Jason

 


 
Dear Andreas,

Thank you for your work and website. The first two weeks were very easy to do and after three days the HUNGER was gone. Breakfast was no longer needed and in between meals I hardly wanted to snack (I prepared dinner a little late a couple of days, due to summer vacation. At those times I wanted to snack).

I have a question and a suggestion. My teenage daughter is also overweight. She’s still growing and I grew up in the seventies and eighties, so I’m scared of cutting down the carbs as radical as with me. Can still growing teenagers use this diet? [They can and they do. /Andreas]

My suggestion: some recepies for (cold) lunchboxes would be awesome.

Kind regards and thank you so much!
Simone

 


 
I thought the challenge was great. My biggest struggle was giving up sweetened coffee and eating out of habit. I lost a total of 5 lbs (2 kg) during the two weeks and was not miserable, the variety of recipes were a huge help. I would never have been able to make it the two weeks with them. I plan to continue with the strict low carb until I get the remaining weight off.

I do have a question though. I started using stevia in my coffee during the challenge ( still getting used to that) but for cream I was using the heavy cream that I used in many of the recipes. My question is, would half and half be better? [If it’s between meals, without being hungry, I recommend only small amounts of cream, small amounts of milk may be even better. /Andreas] And in a couple of the articles regarding weight loss it mentioned cutting back on protein. I am wondering how you cut down on protein and still stay satisfied. [Add fat. /Andreas] I had to cut way down on my vegetable servings as I did not realize that vegetables had so many carbs. So basically, I have been eating eggs and meat and one serving of a vegetable, if I cut down on protein I am not sure what I would be eating.

Miley

 


 
Loved it! Lost 8 pounds (3.5 kg) and one inch (3 cm) in stomach.

Rae

Are you ready?

Take the FREE Low-Carb Challenge

Low Carb for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

More success stories

frida800-600×600

Women 0-39

ac8001-600×600

Women 40+

peterbig-600×600

Men 0-39

PeterR800

Men 40+


Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

Videos


PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com. Let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

The post “It’s like Magic, I Swear” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/like-magic-swear

No comments:

Post a Comment