Sunday, September 25, 2016

“I Feel Good and Do Not Look My 70 Years, I Am Told”

Florence followed the so called diabetic diet but found that her weight just kept climbing and she had to take many medications. She decided to switch to a low-carb diet, and this is what has happened after six months:

The E-mail

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for reminding me! I had started LCHF six months ago. I was very happy with the change, however when I went to see my endocrinology doctor, I learned that my cholesterol was twice as high and that spooked me. I never asked if they were large fluffy cells or small dense cells and this caused me to waver a bit. My HbA1c had come down a little as did my weight.

I plan to continue with LCHF
I was advised to eat only healthy fats and to avoid animal fats. I have been a diabetic for 19 years and I used to follow the so called diabetic diet, took many medications including insulin and my weight went up to 88 kg (194 lbs) and I am only 155 cm (5’1″). I now weigh 73 kg (160 lbs) after doing LCHF for a while. I used to listen to Dr. Jason Fung on Youtube and through his site I came across Diet Doctor.

I plan to continue with LCHF as I would like to come down to 63 kg (138 lbs). I feel good and do not look my 70 years, I am told,, and I do enjoy life. Have come off most of my medication except s/c Byetta and Metformin. I want to come off Byetta as it makes me feel nauseous to the point of throwing up. I will not go back to insulin.

Thank you for letting me tell my story, confession they say is good for the soul. Thank you for your time, you are doing good work to get the message out and not have us tied to the pharmaceutical companies for the rest of our lives.

Kind regards,

Florence

Comments

Congratulations Florence!

Are you ready?

Low Carb for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

How to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes

Take the FREE Low-Carb Challenge

More success stories

Fatima800

Women 0-39

elizabeth800

Women 40+

avistreck

Men 0-39

Fagley

Men 40+


Support

We want to help millions of people to massively improve their health like Florence. Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

Videos




PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com. Let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

The post “I Feel Good and Do Not Look My 70 Years, I Am Told” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/feel-good-not-look-70-years-told

No comments:

Post a Comment