Wednesday, September 7, 2016

“I Didn’t Find It a Challenge for a Start Because I Enjoyed It”

Challenge

More than 52,000 people have signed up this year for FREE guidance, meal plans, recipes, shopping lists, troubleshooting tips, etc., via the two-week low-carb challenge.

What could happen if you were to take it? Here’s feedback from this week, including some questions with answers by me:

Feedback

Thank you very much for your guide… it’s the best I have had as a help to lose weight… the first week I lost 4 kilograms (8 lbs) (I’m following the 16/8 pattern)… this second only 700 gr… but, in all honesty I wasn’t that strict. In going to go for a third week and take it more seriously.

Thank you very VERY much!
I need to lose 30 kilograms (66 lbs).

Maru from Mexico City


 
Hiya.

I thought the low-carb challenge was very good and very easy to follow. And the best part of all I lost 13 lbs (6 kg). Thank you…

Jeff


 
 
When I had black coffee with a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream during week two, I thought I was in heaven.
Andreas,

I was really surprised how easy the challenge was. Bouillon cubes helped keep the headaches at bay during week one. When I had black coffee with a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream during week two, I thought I was in heaven. It was amazing how my taste buds had changed.

The low carb pizza was by far my favorite recipe. I must admit I made it several times. The weekends were the hardest because I don’t have as much of a routine like I do during the work week. The best part of the challenge is how you make enough dinner for your lunch the next day. Lunch has always been hard for me on previous diets. This made it a no brainer.

A couple of us did this challenge at work. I lost 5 lbs (2 kg) and an inch (3 cm) around my waist. I did have the brain fog and was tired the first week. But by the second week, I started feeling better. We have been raising awareness around the office with some of your videos. They are such eye openers.

I planned to continue this as a lifestyle change. Thank you for giving me the tools to be successful.

Kellie

 


 
A huge thank you! I have been following this for a fortnight to avoid insulin injections. My blood sugars have dropped and I have not felt hungry. Now a friend has lent me some Lose it magazines (banting) and I am so enjoying trying out the recipes.

I have lost 3 kg (7 lbs) and loving it 😍 Here is hoping I can avoid the needle!

Ali

 


 
…it was a wonderful refresher and great to get the meal ideas directly into my email.
Hi Andreas,

I really enjoyed this challenge, although I have actually been LCHFing since June, it was a wonderful refresher and great to get the meal ideas directly into my email. Also that shopping list was really helpful. My husband and I are doing this, and trying to get our 12 year old daughter to follow the same thing. I am trying to find recipes that don’t include thatmany eggs, because she is not too keen on eggs..or fat in general.

Definitly an obstacle, but we are doing our best. Since June I have lost 9 kilos (19 lbs) and my husband has lost 8 kilos (17 lbs). I have the recipes for back to school food, and will give this a try.

Thank you for this challenge, the website and the information you give us.
Have you had the chance to look at the Finnish xylitol from birch? i know that I have to stay away from sugar, but I was wondering how the xylitol could work to sweeten stuff for my daughter just for a little while, while “tricking” her tastebuds to in the end have nothing sweet. Gradually getting used to unsweetened things. [We don’t recommend sweeteners if you can avoid it. /Andreas]

And… what’s your thought on constantly staying in ketosis? Have you heard about Keto Culture with Stephanie Person and Therese Eriksson. Steph is going to have a seminar in Stockholm the 1st of October. And I wonder what Diet Doctor thinks about that. [Staying constantly in ketosis should be fine, as long as you can enjoy it. /Andreas]

Hugs,
Linn

 


 
I’m very happy. Thank you. I lost 8 lbs (4 kg) in total. I was 11 stone 4 (72 kg) I’m now 10 stone 10 (68 kg). I feel better, happier I sleep better. I’m doing the 18:6 intermittent fasting too. I love this new lifestyle.

Thank you Andreas,
Denise

 


 
I plan on sharing my before and after results of my blood work to show all the people that are stubbornly convinced that my cholesterol will be worse and that my arteries will be clogged
I love it. I got into the ketogenic version of the HFLC way of eating. I have been doing it for about 3 weeks and the results are awesome. I used to do moderate fat, high protein, low carb but I found it to be unsustainable whereas HFLC I think can be a long term approach.

I plan on sharing my before and after results of my blood work to show all the people that are stubbornly convinced that my cholesterol will be worse and that my arteries will be clogged. I can’t wait to show them for them to also be empowered with this knowledge. Thanks for your website, it’s a great resource.

Raymond

 


 
Dear Andreas,

I felt it to be quite tough. I’m Irish so I eat a lot of starch foods, spuds and bread, even potato bread. Plus sweets/cakes etc.. Not so much alcohol (maybe I’m not Irish after all).

But I stuck too it. ate too many nuts and also cheese and crackers. Stopped that after week one and my belly has shrunk. Sort of amazing. Even on my face, I feel as if I’m not bloated.

I only lost about 4 pounds (2 kg) but it is great. I was slightly tired but just got up and did things. Went to bed early. Hope I’m able to stick to it.

Found preparing the meals hard. Would like more vegetarian options as we don’t eat a lot of meat. [Here are our vegetarian recipes. /Andreas]

But thanks again. I feel it was worth it.
Best regards,
Eamonn

 


 
Enjoyed the plan never felt hungry, no binging. I am very tired though going to continue in the hope that I get a kick of energy.

Moira

 


 
My husband and I both did the two week challenge. We both lost nine pounds (4 kg). It was easy to follow. Absolutely loved the menu and grocery list.

Nancy

 


 
I found the challenge to be easier than expected. I appreciated the daily emails and the menus. The shopping lists were helpful as well. I struggled with breakfast. I ended up sticking with coffee until mid-morning then a small LCHF snack to hold me until lunch. I am so happy that my friend told me about your program. I lost 8 lbs (4 kg) and 4″ (10 cm) off my waist. I feel good. I hope that I continue to receive more emails, they are motivating.

Thank you,
Erin

 


 
I lost 12 pounds (6 kg)! I loved the food and I want to continue with the [Sure. /Andreas]

Candy

 


 
Well I didn’t find it a challenge for a start because I enjoyed it, didn’t feel hungry and was lucky enough not to suffer any side effects
Dear Doctor Eenfeldt,

So your question is what did I think about the low carb challenge. Well I didn’t find it a challenge for a start because I enjoyed it, didn’t feel hungry and was lucky enough not to suffer any side effects. I didn’t have to take any salt or bullion.

Then I joined the website and found Dr Fung (I love him!) and I moved onto fasting as soon as I went through all his fasting videos. The first week I only skipped breakfast but now I am already doing dinner to dinner fasts and finding it easy enough. I am still having a couple of cups of coffee with cream during the day.

So how did I do? Well I lost 4 kg (8 lbs) and a whooping 13 cm (5 inches) off my waist.

Where do I go from now? Ever heard people saying there’s always something for everyone? Well I have found mine and this is going to be my way of life from now onwards. I still have lots of gems to pick from the website but I am enjoying myself really and have already started spreading the word. I have ‘recruited’ one so far!

My question to you is where were you people when I was doing all those useless diets and being starved whilst not losing anything! I’m glad I found you and in good time too because I might have a very good present for myself for my 40th birthday in February. A beautiful body and a healthy lifestyle. So might I take this opportunity to thank you and all team team at diet doctor for giving me this amazing opportunity of transforming my health and life.

And before I forget it will be helpful to have on demand support whilst doing the challenge. I had to troll people’s questions hoping someone asked the question before. Off to baste my chicken!

Goodbye for now. If you come back in February you will meet a very different lady, that’s a promise to myself.

Kind regards,
Rebecca

 


 
I enjoyed the challenge and especially all of the resources on the website. I have watched several videos. The movies and the interviews. I have also done lots of research myself, following links from your page and otherwise.

I wish that I had had this much information years ago. We have been mislead for so many years and it makes me sad and angry. Hopefully, going forward, we can reeducate the world and have a happier/ healthier human race. When I look back to how I grew up in England and everything we ate in the 60’s and early 70’s. It was the right way for the most part. Basic, real food. Real fats, butter, lard etc. We didn’t have a lot of sweets because they were expensive, and no soda at all. Then came the low fat ‘revolution’ and WOW!

I have struggled for years with my weight and now I have been diagnosed as insulin resistant and pre -diabetic. Since doing the challenge and continuing on, I have lost 6 lbs (3 kg), 6 inches (15 cm) around my waist, tummy and hips and most of all, I feel soooo much better. I have so much more energy, clarity and am sleeping better than I have in years. I also suffer from depression and anxiety and I have noticed a marked difference in my mood. I am much more positive and actually feel happy most of the time instead of feeling dread!

Thank You for making this information and program available to us. I will do my part to spread the word and help heal my little part of the world! I now live in the US and it is obscene how poorly nourished we are here, considering all of the resources available.

Thanks again,
Samantha

 


 
I guess the only thing I may tire of quickly is the eggs, eggs, eggs…
After trying sooo many plans and weight loss ideas nothing worked because I never stuck to them. This plan felt different, it felt right! I felt secure with recipes to follow that were simple and were foods that I already liked and were on my regular shopping list anyway. It was not hard to keep away from cookies and bread which was always my downfall, because I was not hungry after all that butter! I look forward to continuing to eat like this , I lost 6 lbs (3 kg) and have hopes to lose 30 more (14 kg). I guess the only thing I may tire of quickly is the eggs, eggs, eggs…

Jennifer

 


 
The recipes were easy and very flavorful.
Hello from Florida!

I must tell you first a big THANK YOU for all the many hours of labor and sacrifice made on the behalf of all humanity. The scientific community must never be silent when it comes to the foolishness of those who would confuse and muddy the waters for financial gain or personal advancement.

That being said I loved the Low Carb Challenge. It was very easy to follow. I printed out everything and put it in a notebook for easy access in the kitchen. The recipes were easy and very flavorful. I (and my husband) have enjoyed each meal and learned to eat a few new things that I had not been used to (like brussel sprouts). It helped me get out of a menu rut. ;)

The grocery list for each week is a big plus, in my opinion. I try to shop weekly and this was very helpful.

Again , thank you all (Diet Doctor Team !)
Gisele

 


 
I love all the support you give and am impressed
I found the low carb diet confusing at first and was delighted that your site is so organised and well structured. The diet plan made it a lot easier for me. I have found myself cooking and eating a lot of things I would never buy or try. My husband enjoys some of the meals with me even though he isn’t overweight, the smell from the kitchen brings him out to see what’s going on!

I lost 9 lbs (4 kg) the first week but was disappointed to lose only 0.5 lb (0.2 kg) the second week. Having said that, I lost 2 inches (5 cm) from my waist the first week and an inch (2 cm) the second. Impressive.

I’m not sure that I will be able to live like this long term but the need to lose weight is greater than my need for carbs. I am doing the 3rd week and hope that it prepares me for the long haul. Thankfully the food is mostly delicious (we all have our preferences don’t we!), there is a good variety of flavours although sometimes I am fed up with cheese – never thought I would say that.

I love all the support you give and am impressed, after a few attempts at weightwatchers and skimmers world, I have to say that yours is the most complete diet plan site I have used. I don’t feel comfortable enough with low carb eating to offer any opinions to improve or change what you do. I like it.

Thank you,
Sheila

 


 
Good morning Andreas,

I love the LC challenge! I have really appreciated the daily encouragement, the daily recommendation for meals and what to do about the side effects. My biggest challenge is that I don’t cook in the morning – so I’d love some more ideas for grab & go breakfast items or things I can eat at my desk without stinking out my office :) Usually I just do coffee. Lunch is usually a salad and I have a really great dinner. But by mid afternoon I’m really lagging. I’m not even craving the sugar now – but I love the crispie cheese “chips”! Thank you so much for the daily emails, tips & tricks and encouragement! I wasn’t sure I could do this, but I’m so happy I did.

Dawnaja

Are you ready?

Take the FREE Low-Carb Challenge

Low Carb for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

More success stories

frida800-600×600

Women 0-39

ac8001-600×600

Women 40+

peterbig-600×600

Men 0-39

PeterR800

Men 40+


Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

Videos


PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com. Let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

The post “I Didn’t Find It a Challenge for a Start Because I Enjoyed It” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/didnt-find-challenge-start-enjoyed

No comments:

Post a Comment