Friday, August 19, 2016

“I Ditched the Bread, Pasta, Rice and Potatoes”

Before and after

Before and after

Andy gained weight and had a hard time losing it on low-fat diets. He always felt hungry and eventually gave up.

Then, three years ago he stumbled across ketogenic diets on the internet. Here’s what happened when he tried one.

The E-mail

Many thanks for the opportunity to share my journey to better health.

About five years ago I moved to Australia from England. I was average weight but could be considered skinny fat at the time (not much muscle). After a year of living in a new country and eating a lot of carbohydrates and sugars my weight ballooned to 185 lbs. (84 kg). I tried to lose the weight through cardiovascular exercise and low-fat diets but this just made things worse, I was always hungry and just gained more weight when I couldn’t stomach the diet anymore.

In 2013 I was looking through the internet for another solution and stumbled across ketogenic diets. I read lots of studies and participated in the forums online and adopted this lifestyle.

I ditched the bread, pasta, rice and potatoes for fatty cuts of meat, butter, cream, cheese and vegetables and the weight started falling off.
I ditched the bread, pasta, rice and potatoes for fatty cuts of meat, butter, cream, cheese and vegetables and the weight started falling off. I carried on but noticed as I was losing body fat there wasn’t much muscle to make me look good; that’s when I started resistance training, still on a ketogenic diet. I added some much needed muscle and seemed to lose body fat simultaneously, I felt great!

The biggest challenge was the initial cravings for sugar and bread. However, once I became fat adapted (about 6 weeks in) the cravings subsided. One thing I wish I knew when I started was not to be afraid of things like berries and tomatoes, these are okay to have on an LCHF diet, but at the beginning I was scared of their sugar content.

Fat loss was great, adding muscle was great but the true benefits from my shift in lifestyle was that I now feel healthier than ever; I have better skin, my migraines are gone, I sleep better, I don’t get as many colds as I use to, I have more energy and no mental fog. I feel great!

The solution wasn’t easy to find amongst the plethora of misinformation on the internet so I decided to write an e-book which has everything in it you need to get started on a ketogenic diet and why it works, it’s on Amazon and called “The Ketogenic Solution: Beating the Obesogenic Environment”. For those who listen to superhuman radio I was a guest on the show the other week discussing my journey and ketogenic diets, for those who want to listen in to my advise the link is below.

Super Human Radio # 1905: How Safe Is SuShi + Ketogenic Solution…

The book can be found here and is available through your host country’s sites:

Amazon UK: The Ketogenic Solution: Beating the Obesogenic Environment

I also run the Ketogenic Lifestyle page on Facebook, link below for those wanting to ask any questions about ketogenic diets:

Facebook: The Ketogenic Lifestyle

Thanks for the opportunity to share my journey Andreas.

Andy

Comments

Congratulations on improving your health, Andy!

Are you ready?

Low Carb for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

Take the FREE Low-Carb Challenge

More success stories

Fatima800

Women 0-39

elizabeth800

Women 40+

avistreck

Men 0-39

Fagley

Men 40+


Support

We want to help millions of people to massively improve their health like Andy. Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

Videos




PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com. Let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

The post “I Ditched the Bread, Pasta, Rice and Potatoes” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/i-ditched-the-bread-pasta-rice-and-potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment