Friday, July 8, 2016

“I Could Not Speak More Highly of This 2-Week Challenge”

Challenge

So far this year more than 40,000 people have signed up for FREE guidance, meal plans, recipes, shopping lists, troubleshooting tips, etc., via the two-week low-carb challenge.

What could happen if you were to take it? Here’s feedback from this week:

Feedback

I could not speak more highly of this 2-week challenge. I have recommended it to family and friends. I was a little concerned about all the cream and butter used in this way of eating but following this for the 2 weeks i have lost weight. I have been doing LCHF for 3 weeks now and am down 8.6kg [19 pounds].
Thank you so much.


 
I enjoyed it. Headaches lasted 4 days initially after that i was fine… the lethargy continued through out week 1, however now I’m feeling good and normal so i will continue as i have been. The diet plans were easy to follow and make. I really didn’t feel too hungry at all. I hope to start exercising again this week. I just didn’t have the energy the first 2 weeks.

Thanks for all the help.

 


 
Hi Andreas,

I had already lost 9 kg [20 pounds] since 1st March on a Lite n Easy diet (1200 cals per day, all meals supplied), however my doctor found out I’m insulin resistant and told me that diet had too much sugar in it. So he told me to switch to LCHF. I had trouble wrapping my head around the high fat part, but decided to follow his advice, and your website was one of the first I came across in my research.

DietDoctor.com is fantastic, I couldn’t have found a better introduction to this way of eating. I did reach a loss of 2.3 kg [5 lbs] on the low-carb challenge, however on the last weekend friends came to visit and I strayed a bit, finishing with only a 1 kg loss [2 lbs]. My bad! You’ve given me solid advice and some really good recipes and I’m confident I can go on to lose many more kilos in the months to come (I need to lose at least 40 kg [90 lbs]).

I’ll aim for 1 kg [2 pounds] a week till Xmas
Please keep up with the website and keep those recipes coming (the videos are great too). I’ll aim for 1 kg [2 pounds] a week till Xmas.

Thanks so much for the help and encouragement!

Debbie


 

Dear Andreas,
Thank you for your email, it was lovely to hear from you.

I found the challenge a challenge; however, very pleased I participated in it.

The instructions were very easy to follow and the explanation of the side effects were beneficial. I am pleased to note I did not suffer as much much as I thought I would. I found the portion sizes quit large and did not eat everything on the plate, and found it unusual I was leaving food on my plate. By the end of the challenge I was adjusting my portions sizes to meet my appetite.

I lost 3.5 kilos in weight, which was a plus and I found it interesting that one of the side effects was the mental clarity I now have. In the end I was focusing on this mental clarity rather the weight loss, it was nice to come out of the fog.

I still struggle a wee bit with all the carbohydrates around me, this is more habit than anything else. You comment about the 90% and 10% interesting and very helpful.

Thank you again for you email, I was very pleased to receive it.

Kind regards

Gai


 
Thank you for all the wonderful recipes and information available on your site. I have learnt so much and continue to learn each day.

Dear Andreas,

Thank you for the 2 week challenge. The meals were great, most very easy to prepare and were full of flavour and very satisfying. My husband and I are new to the High Fat component. We have been doing the 16:8 intermittent fasting, eating lunch and dinner with Low Carb for sometime now, but combining it all, LCHF with the fasting worked very well for us.

Thank you for all the wonderful recipes and information available on your site. I have learnt so much and continue to learn each day. I have struggled with weight since my youth and followed all the supposed healthy way of eating, which we now know was wrong. At 58 yrs old I feel like I’m FINALLY doing something right for not only my health and husband but for my adult children and their families.

Thanks again and all the best to you and the team for all you do.

Kind regards.

Jenny


 
I have increased energy and a heightened mood lift also. All around feeling great!!
Hello Dr. Eenfeldt,

I very much enjoyed the challenge – it was no challenge at all!! I had done the Atkins diet 25ish years ago, and done very well on it, but stopped because it was not sustainable. The recipes were complicated and time-consuming to prepare, using American measurements that I had no idea what the equivalent was (no internet then). So it was a very limited menu, which quickly meant….boring.

Your challenge, however, is quite the opposite. There is a good variety of dishes, and all of them are very tasty! And, as I really don’t enjoy cooking, (mostly) all are very quick and simple to prepare – an absolute essential for me. I did not attempt the cauliflower lasagna though, as that was far too much fiddling about in the kitchen, nor do I own a food processor. If you could suggest a substitute for the lasagne sheets that doesn’t require ‘faffing’ (a NZ term) around, I’d be most grateful.

I am also allergic to all fish and seafood, but it was no problem to substitute chicken for the fish. I’m used to doing that anyway.

Some details about me for your statistics:

Age: 50
Sex: Female
Starting weight: 111.4 kg [246 lbs]
2 week weight: 109.9 kg [242 lbs]
Measurements: None, can’t find the tape measure, but my clothes seem to fit better
Meds: Progesterone for dysmenorrhoea (I cannot take HRT as have had a misdiagnosed DVT, resulting in bilateral pulmonary emboli)

I only lost 100 g in the second week, which was disappointing, but the loss seems to have started again – I was 109.2 kg this morning on the scales.

I have increased energy and a heightened mood lift also. All round feeling great!!

I am definitely going to continue and am seriously thinking about becoming a member to keep me on the straight and narrow. The only things I have missed are the odd friand and occasional chocolate – but I can live with that. No carb cravings here!

Thank you very much for such a down-to-earth and easy to read website – keep spreading the word that we have been fooled and lied to for the last 30 years with the ‘low fat, high carb’ regime. I’ve been saying for many years that sugar is the poison of the 20th century, and the science is now backing this up.

Best,
Lea


 
Thanks so much! My doctor sent me an email link to your site. I have lost 10 lbs in 11 days! I didn’t follow the menu, but I did read everything and made up my own menu following a strict LCHF diet. All of the info was great.

Cherie


 
I took less insulin (type 2) during these past 2 weeks and lost 8 lbs !!!
Hello Diet Dr. Wow !!! I love the life style change!! the challenge did not deprive me . I did not feel hungry!!! I’m diabetic and I’m trying to get my #s down. I took less insulin (type 2) during these past 2 weeks and lost lbs !!! Please send tips on how to stay on this life style change!!!
Thank you very much,
Gw

 

Hello, my name is Simonee. I thoroughly enjoyed this challenge. I lost at least 8 pounds over the last two weeks. I intend to keep going. The only thing I felt that was missing were people of other races. I wanted to see how well this lifestyle works for people of African decent as well, as our make up may be slightly different. I didn’t see any in the success stories. I think if you had other races in the success stories it may appeal to a broader audience. Once I lose the amount of weight I’d like to, I’ll certainly send in my success story. Thank you for sharing this information! I look forward to continuing this journey.


 
I have been (semi and on and off) low carb for almost 2 years now. But never as strict as the challenge. But I loved it, the food was excellent and it was easy to follow.
Dear Andreas,

A friend recommended your website and I decided to take the two weeks challenge. I have been (semi and on and off) low carb for almost 2 years now. But never as strict as the challenge. But I loved it, the food was excellent and it was easy to follow. Not like in the books I have where the food tastes so and so… and a lot of work preparing an cooking. I have now recommended your site to two of my friends 🙂

For me it eating LCHF is mostly regarding health issues. When I started low carb I had high blood pressure and my GP wanted to start anti hypertensive medications and I had high HbA1c, both lowered to normal within 6 months on LCHF. The bonus was losing a few kg 🙂

I will definitely continue, thanks again for your good work.

Kind regards,
Halldora


 

I thought it was very helpful. I stuck with it and I am going to do it for one more week. I thought some of the recipes were just a bit complicated. Other than that I really got a lot out of it. This week I am going to add 1 cup of berries 1x a day and see what happens.


 

Hi Andreas,

I thoroughly enjoyed the two-week challenge. I don’t have a weight problem, cholesterol is fine and normal blood pressure but wanted to get away from unhealthy carbs. I am on medication for seizures (haven’t had one for 4 years), although I’d like to go off if possible. I have an appointment with my neurologist this month and will let him know what I’m doing. If he doesn’t agree, I guess I’ll find another doctor! I found a LCHF doctor near me whom I’ll make my general practitioner.

I gave up sugar 25 years ago so that part wasn’t difficult. I did enjoy my oatmeal, high quality whole wheat and rye breads and baked potatoes, so that was a little difficult to give up. I drank a lot of water and carried my Himalayan crystals (put under my tongue) with me just in case I had side effects… which were very mild. A little dry mouth and at times a little cramping in my calves (for which I took magnesium).

Now that I’m going on my own and choosing different recipes, it’s more difficult making sure what I eat is high in fat, moderate in protein and low in carbs. I’ll just have to do some calculating which I’m sure I’ll learn from your website. This is a fun way of eating (and tasty) and it’s wonderful to have your website available so I can read what you have to say as well as other comments. As opposed to other websites, it’s refreshing you will promote the truth, will be 100% independent from any industry funding, ads or product sales. Makes me feel you really do care about people’s health!

I have to say, sometimes I get confused between LCHF, Paleo and Atkins. The research I’ve done I still find LCHF the best but still confusing (then of course many of the others are pushing products and think their way of eating is the best… because they have to push the products).

Thank you for doing such a great job!
Marsha
PS… I’m in the States, but my heritage is Swedish so of course I’m proud of what you’ve done!


 
Thank you for helping me get back on track to manage my diabetes.
Thank you for helping me get back on track to manage my diabetes. Years ago, I followed the Atkins diet much to the dismay of people around me. But much to my joy I lost 30 lbs effortlessly, I was never hungry and I never had blood sugar crashes. Of course, everyone including my doctor convinced me just how bad it is for me so I went off it and started eating “normally” again. As you can predict, the weight came back and then some.

Over the years, I’ve been on vegetarian diets but always found myself getting the hunger shakes after a meal of rice and beans or any kind of grain. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last March and I went on a low-fat to no fat high-carb diet. I lost weight but was hungry all the time and had those crashes which I hated because I was non-functioning (who is when they can’t even think straight?).

When I saw the video on intermittent fasting and the information on the website, it totally made sense all over again. The LCHF diet. Now I don’t feel guilty about craving butter (yes my body needed the fats). I don’t feel bad about craving red meat (once again my body wanted the fats and proteins). I did 2 weeks, I didn’t follow it to a “T” in terms of the dairy. I am still skittish about fat making me fat but I would make roast chicken with sautéed vegetables in olive oil and butter. My bf enjoyed the diet very much and he agrees to keep LCHF (he still keeps his 2 cans of beers in the evenings) but works on not eating carbs.

I really enjoyed the daily emails with the menus and recipes plus words of encouragement and educational videos. Thank you for helping get started over again and helping me get back on track!

Best,
Sophia


 

Dear Andreas,

I enjoyed the challenge and I will continue. I found the recipes good and tasty. I was pretty strict and didn’t cheat, but I didn’t really lose as much weight as I was hoping. Only about 1 kilo. I have been off sugar for quite some time and I was hoping stopping all the rest of carbs would help kick start more weight loss. I previously lost about 10kg going off sugar and really being strict in my diet.

I have also tried adding some intermittent fasting during these 2 weeks.
Do you have any more suggestions to help? I previously had pretty bad high cholesterol. With my previous diet changes and 5 mg Crestor daily I did well and got it down not just to acceptable but to almost ideal. So I am a bit fearful of the fat but I am trusting that it won’t mess up my cholesterol.
Thanks for the listening and giving a great plan.
I appreciate any help.

Michael

Are you ready?

Take the FREE Low-Carb Challenge

Low Carb for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

More success stories

frida800-600×600

Women 0-39

ac8001-600×600

Women 40+

peterbig-600×600

Men 0-39

PeterR800

Men 40+


Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Start your free trial here

Videos


PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com. Let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

The post “I Could Not Speak More Highly of This 2-Week Challenge” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/not-speak-highly-2-week-challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment