Friday, May 6, 2016

“Loving It – Best Thing I’ve Ever Done!”

Challenge

Our new two-week low-carb challenge continues to bring massive success. So far this year 28,000 people have signed up for FREE guidance, meal plans, recipes, shopping lists, troubleshooting tips, etc.

What could happen if you were to take the challenge? Here’s some of the feedback from this week:

Feedback

Loving it – best thing I’ve ever done!


 
Amazing, I’ve felt satiated and mostly happy..

Which has never happened before in combination with losing 3.2 kg (7 lbs.)!!!

And a total of 7 cm of waist lost 🙂

Thank you!!!


 
Hi Dr. Eenfeldt,

I loved the low-carb challenge and trying new recipes. My son (age 21), and I are eating low-carb. My husband and daughter, ( age 24) – not so much. They like their snacks and juice too much. Everyone loved the low carb recipes, whether they usually eat low carb or not. The meals are satisfying and delicious. I have never cooked with heavy cream before – it really made the dishes complete and satisfying. I didn’t make all of the recipes because I made double of everything and we were able to eat the leftovers for two nights in a row. The best dish was the chicken pesto. The low carb pizza was good, but I used too many pepperoni and it made the crust soggy. Next time I may precook the pepperoni so the grease does not soak in the crust.

I would do the low carb challenge again in a heartbeat. I would like to try some of the other recipes that I missed. It is fun to get a shopping list, a daily email of what to cook, and such good food. The recipes take me out of my day-to-day, standard, boring recipes and introduce something new and delicious.

Thank you for everything you do for our health. Keep up the good fight!

Best regards,
Bernadette


 
I loved it! And for the recipes were so easy to make and with regular
foods!! The shopping list you provided ahead of time made doing this
quite simple! I for one would love to see a new challenge every month,
if not sooner!! Thanks for doing this Diet Doctor..

Blessings,
Joanne


 
First, I can’t believe the 2 weeks have gone by. Usually when I diet, time drags by. I feel very good and have lost significant weight.

I do not weigh myself, but judge by the way my clothes fit. I didn’t know I was doing the 16/8 fast, but it was naturally what I was doing. I have never wanted to eat in the morning, but was always told that I have to eat breakfast. I am so happy to eat the way my body has always wanted me to…

Thank you so much.


 
I found your site through a search for Dr. Sarah Hallberg and I’m so glad that I did. It gave me enough of the nuts and bolts of LCHF to get a good start. I’m 66 and I’m diabetic (Type 2). I was taking a small amount of Glipizide and Metformin. I have almost eliinated the Glipizide and only take the Meformin. I have lost 7.2 lbs. I’m 5′ 1″ so for me this is great. I have lost 3 inches in my waist and have been able to start wearing some smaller clothes. I intend to eat this way the rest of my life. I hope that life will be longer than it otherwise would have been.

The hardest part for me was that the first week or so I felt quite nauseated and lately I have had leg cramps but I know the cause and will take the necessary actions to reduce those.

Thanks for sharing this program and making it clear how to do it!

Sincerely,
Bonnie


 
Dear Dr. Eenfeldt,
Your work has made my life so much better!

I am 42 years old and have struggled with excess weight and disordered eating since I was a child. I have lived my life feeling tired, sleepy, and sluggish, no matter the amount of rest I got…

After my weight recently escalated to pregnancy level, I realized I needed to make some fundamental changes so that I could be a healthy and strong mama for my children, an active, happy wife for my husband, and to feel good and beautiful as a human being. After weeks of research, I was led to your website and it was like finding treasure!

Here was a logical yet intuitive approach to foods that made sense to me. Your kind and calm demeanor in your videos, as well as the scientific explanations you offered, helped me trust that this was not a fad diet but something that was potentially life-changing.

I spent many hours reading the testimonials of others who adopted the lchf lifestyle and resonated with so many of these stories. I researched other books and sites that discussed the science and efficacy of ketosis and was ready to jump in. I love that you offer a 2-week challenge.

The learning curve is steep for someone familiar only with the Standard American Diet (SAD) and this allows time for one to continue gathering information while seeing incredible results. I am happy to say that I easily lost 11 pounds in the first 2 weeks. My clothes fit much better and I feel more confident in my own skin. Weight loss was what I was seeking, but now I feel that it is just one of the many benefits of the lchf diet.

Here are a few others: I no longer need long daily naps. I am alert. I feel light of step, even though I am still significantly overweight. This morning I said “I feel great!” and I meant it for the first time that I can remember!

I had struggled with shoulder pain for over 2 years and spent hundreds of dollars for physical rehabilitation and massage, to no avail. Within one week of the challenge, my pain faded and disappeared completely. I also have relief in my knees and ankles, and my lower back. I also experienced a menses with NO cramping or irritability. Just like that, after all these years of feeling achy, painful, and trapped in a cumbersome body, I am pain-free! Additionally, I no longer feel the urge to pour a cocktail every night. Perhaps I have less depression and anxiety and a greater sense of well-being in general, and do not need to “self-medicate”.

And, unlike with the South Beach Diet recipes, I LOVE the food! My family has also enjoyed eating these new recipes, and my husband wants to join me in this lifestyle because he feels so good after eating the meals I prepare. A coworker is also planning on starting the challenge this week.

After seeing how much better I feel, I cannot imagine going back to eating the sugars and processed carbs I now understand to be toxic for my body. I plan on continuing this lifestyle.
Dr. Eenfeldt, I am so grateful that you have dedicated so much time and energy to sharing a nutritional path to health and happiness.

With sincere respect and gratitude, and of course permission to post this email as a testimonial,
Karina


 
At 64 years of age, this diet reminds me of what we used to eat when I was a child. Eating this way almost seems surreal because it runs counter to everything I have been taught or learned through our culture for the past 50 years. I can remember when we switched to margarine because it was “healthier.” I can remember moving to 2% milk and eating fewer eggs for the same reason. There must have been powerful messages causing such a wholesale switch. Anyway, I am happy to move back to the foods eaten these past two weeks. I feel more fulfilled than when eating a calorie restricted diet and can’t believe I’m allowed to have all these foods. BTW, I’ve tracked the calories anyway, through the Fitness Pal App, and am eating pretty much the same number of calories per day as I was before. The nutrition pie chart however, is far different. Previously the carbs (in blue) were dominant. Now fats (in red – I wonder if thats on purpose) represent most of the caloric intake.

Thanks for this entire regimen. My wife and I enjoy the meals. While we do not need to lose much weight, Its great to be reunited with a healthy and enjoyable eating style. Our interest is staying fit and healthy into our elder years and this seems like a good way to accomplish our goals.

Cheers,
Dale


 
Dear Dr. Andreas,
I thought the challenge was absolutely great. Not only was it very easy to follow, I lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks! The best part of it was just not feeling hungry and I found myself not thinking about food all the time! Your website was very informative – I learned so much that I did not know, and it also corrected my thinking about a lot of things.

It has given me so much motivation and confidence to pursue my weight loss goals, and I plan to continue to follow the plan as much as I can.

I have recommened to several of my friends already – they immediately noticed my weight loss and wonderered how I managed to lose it so quickly.

Also thank you for making this so simple, and also for making it free and accessible to all.

I wish you continued success.

Thank you,
Saba


 
Although I didn’t lose any weight, I feel so much better. For the first time in my life I’m not eating sugar. That is so huge for me. Not even in my coffee, which I thought I would never be able to do.

I will continue on with this new eating plan and see what happens. I will tell you I’m very seldom hungry and my mind isn’t always on food. Most of the time I eat just 2 meals a day. It toke me 15 years to put all this excess weight on and hopefully by staying with this I will eventually start to see it come off.

Thank You , Kathy


 
The challenge has been absolutely GREAT! When I started the challenge I weighed 216 lbs, and now weigh in at 196 lbs. I am over the “Keto Flu” and feel really well now that I have transitioned to ketones as fuel. My doctor has challenged me to a goal of 180 lbs by my next visit, which I am very confident I will achieve!

Best,
Walter Ryan


 
Dear Andreas,
Thank you very much for your email and for designing the low carb programme. I came across it after seeing a link to a video of you on Zoe Harcombe’s website.

I have been overweight by +/- 30kg for over 18 years. During this time I have tried many programmes to re-educate my eating most of which are fine in the beginning but all fail because I am too hungry and not strong enough to beat the cravings. Most of course are high carb low fat based. I have had many long periods of self loathing and lack of self worth although I disguise it by being chubby and jolly. I am very lucky to have a wonderful family who love me whatever.

I also love to exercise – only yesterday I cycled 15 miles over steep hills in less than 2 hours. Not easy when you weigh 120kgs!

So when I watched your video I suddenly felt like finally someone was talking sense!! And I started the programme in a modified way immediately. I had already planned the menu for the week but played with it to make it fit. Then for the next week followed it pretty much to the letter. I started the two weeks again yesterday as it suits me so well.

The results are quite staggering for me.
I have lost weight – 3kg.
I am sleeping better than for some time because I am not full of sugars.
I have not felt gnawing hunger where I want to stuff my face with cakes just normal hunger.
I am feeling so very clear of head and amazingly happy – I haven’t laughed so much in years because I am eating well and losing weight – suddenly I am not a fat out of control pariah.
So thank you very much.

I have kept this to myself at the moment as I don’t want to jinx my weight loss programme at such an early stage but I am hopeful for the first time in ages.

Other parts of the programme I like are the daily emails supporting you which are very welcome.
I will take a look at the what next as I think that I will need variety in the menus soon.
Kindest regards
Annette x


 
I have lost 2kg but seem to be stuck now. Really enjoying the diet. Blood sugars are really improving. Craving zero!
 
I lost 10 lb which I was very pleased with but have such a long way to go. I am going to stick to LCHF as a lifestyle.

Thank you
Elaine


 
Thanks Andreas for setting up the LC challenge, I should have done it months ago, I now have no sugar or wheat cravings, I think because we used to have some stevia and artificial sweeteners, because of the lc challenge we no longer have them and it has made a difference.

My husband and I did it, he is type 2 diabetic, we also incorporated 16 hour and 24hr fasts with the 2 week challenge, I lost 5.7 kgs my husband lost over 3 kilos, his blood sugars have dropped it was 4.9 yesterday morning which is the lowest it has been for a long time.

We have decided to continue eating strict LCHF as I have had difficulty losing weight and I don’t think I was having enough fat and was having too much protein. The recipes are great, I also made sure I had 2 litres of water daily .

More strict LC recipes would be good, maybe you ask people to send in their favourite recipes .
Could you set up a graph where people could log their weight loss progress and maybe a graph for diabetics to log their BSLs.

Thank you
Deidre

Are you ready?

Take the FREE Low-Carb Challenge

Low Carb for Beginners

The post “Loving It – Best Thing I’ve Ever Done!” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/loving-it-best-thing-ive-ever-done

No comments:

Post a Comment