Thursday, March 17, 2016

“LCHF Has Changed My Life”

Before and after

Before and after

Kunal tried several different diets to lose weight and improve his health. But he could never stick to his new habits as they made him feel hungry and cranky all the time.

Here’s what happened when he found Diet Doctor and LCHF.

The Email

Hi Andreas,

I’m Kunal. I wanted to thank you for running DietDoctor.com

LCHF has changed my life for the better and here’s my story:

I’ve tried several diets over the last 3 years; everything from calorie restriction (read starvation) to juicing. In recent years my cholesterol had become a problem and my doctor put me on statins, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure so I needed to take medication to keep my blood pressure under check.

I visited DietDoctor.com/lchf upon a friend’s request and thus began my journey of transforming my health.

I had tried everything before the only problem was I couldn’t stick to the new habits since I was hungry and cranky all the time so I decided why not? Let’s try one more thing??

I started LCHF in May 2015 and have been on it for the last 9 months. Within the first month of being on LCHF I lost 4 kilos (9 lbs.) of weight around 1 inch (2 cm) of waist. In the second month I lost another 4 kilos of weight and another 2 cm of waist. Also by the end of the second month my blood pressure was dropping to the lower side (110/60) and my doctor had to reduce my medication (he stopped the beta-blockers) by 50% to keep my blood pressure normal.

I did a blood test after the first 6 months and found out that my cholesterol (triglycerides to be precise) were also dropping quickly. They went down from 249 units to 123 units.

In the last 9 months, I’ve achieved the following:

– I have now lost a total of 25 kilos (55 lbs.)
– My waist is reduced by 25 cm (10 inches)
– My blood pressure medication is halved (hoping to get off it completely)
– I feel more energetic and focused when I wake up in the mornings
– I no longer depend on having breakfasts (thank you Dr. Jason Fung for your IF lessons)
– I am heading towards the goal of being and staying, healthy

My doctor still insists I should take statins to combat “high LDL” (190 units) but considering all the adverse effects they come with, I choose to knowingly ignore him. I am continuing my LCHF journey and will do a blood report end of this year and prove it to my doctor that fat is not the evil, carbs are!

I also use intermittent fasting in combination with LCHF to get the maximum results.

Thank you Dr. Andreas and Dr. Jason Fung for helping me become healthy by eating food, the right food that is 😉

PS: I recently became a father and I am looking forward to enjoy my fatherhood by being healthy! :)

Thanks,
Kunal Shetye

Comment

Congratulations to your newfound health, Kunal! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

PS: Big congratulations on becoming a father!

Your story

Do you have a story to share? Here’s how to do it.

Try it yourself

Do you want to try a low-carb diet yourself? Use these resources:

More success stories

Telaine800

Women 0-39

Lindha800

Women 40+

Cristoph800

Men 0-39

Bernard800

Men 40+

The post “LCHF Has Changed My Life” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf-has-changed-my-life

No comments:

Post a Comment