Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Seven Tips for 40-Somethings Who Want a Healthy Old Age

Are you in your 40-somethings, like me? Do you want a healthy old age? Here are seven good tips from Dr. Rangan Chatterjee:

Mail Online: Seven tips for 40-somethings who want a healthy old age: Doctor devises lifestyle plan to help us remain ailment-free

Here’s the short version:

  1. Check your blood pressure
  2. Test your blood sugar
  3. Cut carbohydrates
  4. Meditate
  5. Relax on cholesterol
  6. Fast for fitness
  7. Junk the junk food

Personally I have six down – perhaps I should start meditating again.

The only important thing I’m missing from the list is sleep. Getting a full 8-hour sleep most nights is also a great way to reduce stress levels (plus its many other benefits).

Regarding blood pressure only a third of adult Americans have a normal blood pressure these days (below 120/80). And both my parents have needed medication for high blood pressure, so I almost certainly would start seeing at least borderline pressure at 43, if I lived like most people. And yet my blood pressure is consistently well within the normal range. I tested it again this morning – 113/71. I credit this to following tip number 3, 6 and 7.

Which tip would you most like to start following?

The post Seven Tips for 40-Somethings Who Want a Healthy Old Age appeared first on Diet Doctor.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/seven-tips-for-40-somethings-who-want-a-healthy-old-age

No comments:

Post a Comment