Here’s the front page of the UK Times today. The paper is full of stories on the scandal, where Coca-Cola has funded tons of scientists and big public health organizations and government health advisers – who then (surprise, surprise) deny the role of sugar in obesity.
Outrageous stuff, as usual when it comes to modern Big Soda tactics (just like the shenanigans of Big Tobacco a few decades ago). Basically any expert denying the role of sugar in obesity and diabetes have been eligible for a bonus of sugar money, something that’s completely distorted the public debate on sugar.
Unfortunately most of the articles are behind a paywall, but you can read the beginnings here:
- The Times: Fizzy drinks giant pays millions to diet experts
- The Times: Clear as Coke – The world’s biggest fizzy drinks maker is distorting the debate on sugar
- The Times: Giants of the health lobby bankrolled by Coca-Cola
- The Times: Nutrition adviser’s ties to the real thing
- The Times: The sweet path to becoming obese
The post The Coca-Cola-Funded Obesity Experts Scandal Hits the UK appeared first on Diet Doctor.http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-coca-cola-funded-obesity-experts-scandal-hits-the-uk